- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category:
- Job ID: J0818-1217
- Job type: Intern
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Student will primarily be responsible for providing support to the rest of the Accounting team with respect to assisting with the year end audit as well as other accounting duties.
1. Validate interest calculation of various loans
2. Validate the accuracy of data transfer from Excel to Loan Software
3. Validate the accuracy of the loan statement generated by Loan Software
4. Assist to prepare year-end audit working papers (premium and claims)
5. Prepare various account reconciliation as requested
6. Assist to validate the accuracy of cession/profit share statements generated by GC
7. Monitor daily RW and GAP transactions generate by Unifi
• Validate the accuracy of interest calculation and data transfer of 200+ loans
• Prepare 10+ year end audit working papers for various products
• Assist to reconcile 10+ general ledger accounts.
• Assist to monitor 100- daily RW and GAP transactions
• Assist to validate the accuracy of 100+ cession/profit share statements
- High School Graduation
- Minimum second year post secondary education (business or accounting courses) preferred.
- A minimum of one year working in an office environment.
• Finance/accounting background
• Able to work effectively with continually changing priorities.
• Working skill of: intermediate level Excel and Word.
• The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders.
• The ability to work within tight deadlines and maintain accuracy under pressure.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.