Senior Risk Analyst -iA Auto Finance, Oakville
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 200-1303 North Service Road East
- City: Oakville
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10005103
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are currently looking for a Senior Risk Analyst. The Senior Risk Analyst, under the direction of the VP Risk and Analytics, will primarily be responsible to use creativity to develop new ways to improve profitability and competitiveness of the business. This position will build rigorous analytical analysis and reporting to measure and monitor risks that the company is exposed to. The incumbent will recommend risk mitigation procedures on our business, where appropriate. The incumbent will assess and recommend new business development opportunities exposed through risk analysis. This role is intended to develop into a Manager’s position.
- Develop risk and portfolio models
- Create reports showing key risk indicators for auto finance business. This includes data analysis and reporting.
- Help automate monthly financial reporting processes to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure that all month-end financial duties and resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all activities
- Identify and help implement new/ alternative data sources that can be used to enhance underwriting, collections or recovery processes.
- Use statistical methods to analyze and predict credit risk to improve product pricing and underwriting of loan portfolio
- Determine effectiveness of special programs by developing measurements of success, monitoring results and reporting on the results.
- Degree in math, computer science, statistics, actuarial science or related field
- Three years of experience in the financial industry
- Financial modelling experience
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, graphs and diagrams
- Experience in statistical analysis techniques such as regression analysis
- Strong skills R, SQL, Excel (including pivot tables, graphs), Powerpoint
- Meticulous with numbers
- Creative and curious
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Team player
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter along with your resume to Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
If you have any specific questions about the position please contact Karen Davies, VP Risk and Analytics.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.