iA Dealer Services is actively seeking an accomplished, results-driven Vice President of National Sales and Distribution to lead and navigate our coast-to-coast sales organization.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Dealer Services, the successful candidate will excel in fostering growth, sustaining high-performance levels, and ensuring accountability. In response to evolving trends and shifts within the automotive industry (OEM/dealer/wholesale), this role will focus on developing and executing comprehensive sales strategies, distribution initiatives, territory planning, and sales methodology enhancements to ensure exceptional client care.
• Leads a large sales organization and executes sales and business development strategies in line with the company’s vision, priorities, and goals. Builds compelling business plans and sales models including multi-channel strategies (retail, OEM, wholesale, used cars, non-auto), territory design, market management, forecasting, resource planning, budget, and expense control, to ensure growth and performance.
• In collaboration with the strategy and projects functions, ensure short-, medium- and long-term sales plans are comprehensive in tactical approach, in setting quotas and stretch goals, revenue and growth objectives, in optimizing products and pricing, and incorporating metrics and measurements that will inform performance and the need for modification, in an evolving environment with emerging trends and changing model in the auto industry.
• Review the service model and structure to ensure the voice of dealers and partners is considered, taking into account the coming changes in the industry.
• Accountable for sales, business results, and profitability, sales engagements, winning sales strategies, and driving campaigns that result in organic growth and new business. Oversees intelligent and effective crafting of solutions and deals, and their timely close.
• Represents iA while establishing trust and fostering strong relationships with new and existing clients and stakeholders, including dealers, manufacturers, automotive associations, national and provincial regulators, media, and other external stakeholders.
• Represents sales at the executive level and Maintains strong and transparent relationships with functional groups including marketing, IT, legal & regulatory compliance, and support services. Works collaboratively with marketing and product/ service groups to ensure products align with client needs and business objectives and to support innovative product development.
• Performs ongoing market analysis, understands its demands and specifications, and remains informed of regulations and governance. Continually observes and identifies changes in the market, impacts to business sales and operations, and takes action as necessary including any business development initiatives that may result in growth opportunities and/or advantages in the marketplace.
• Designs and enforces formal sales processes and structures, establishing a code of behavior that mandates professionalism, ensures ethical practices, especially regarding the fair treatment of customers, and promotes respect for clients, stakeholders, and colleagues.
• Mentors, coaches, trains, and advises sales leadership team and professionals. Performs regular reviews and evaluations to ensure talent, experience, and skills are optimized, identifies gaps and training needs, and, ensures individuals are given the opportunity and tools to succeed. Coaches his/her leaders to do the same with their teams
• Creates and sustains a positive and growth-oriented culture, and an inspired and rewarding work environment while recognizing the need for diversity in personalities and selling styles. Recruits talent that addresses the needs of the business has a strong cultural fit and aligns with a fast-paced, high- performance and customer-focused sales organization.
Foster collaboration and drive synergies across sales teams and networks.
• Oversees the appropriate and effective designs of compensation and commission structure, to achieve sales and growth targets.
Who you are:
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, or related discipline, and/or at least 10+ years of relevant experience managing a large national or multi-territory sales organization.
• 8-10 years leading large accounts and strategic partnerships, and responsibility for recruiting, training, developing, and managing a team of professionals, preferably within an insurance organization. A proven leader capable of motivating a sales force to achieve extraordinary results.
• An intuitive sales leader who possesses deep knowledge and expertise in the auto industry. Experience with F&I products and distribution channels (franchise retail, OEM, used cars) is a definite asset. the auto-insurance and/or auto-finance and leasing, or similar market is a distinct advantage (although not a pre-requisite). Alternatively, a proven sales executive who possesses a clear track record of sales delivery and the flexibility to transition successfully from other industries will also be considered.
• Highly detail-oriented and analytical mind, and business and finance savvy to review and propose profit share or financial terms in agreements with dealer or OEM partners.
• Effective relationship manager, with strong EQ and business acumen, credibility, and respect amongst colleagues, peers, and clients in the market. Exceptional communication skills, engaging approach, skillful negotiator, and influencer.
• Demonstrated success managing important relationships and developing new business opportunities. Proven track record of crafting complex, innovative, and mutually beneficial solutions.
• Experience leading and working collaboratively with multi-functional teams to develop products, services, and tools that are customer-driven, have an impact on the market, and have contributed to the success of an organization.
• Ability to identify, assess, and recruit talent who are skillful, persuasive, and enthusiastic. Possesses a wide range of coaching adaptability.
• Familiarity with sales structures, commissions, incentive plans, bonuses, and remuneration.
• Excellent oral and written English language skills given daily interaction with English-speaking customers and internal colleagues/partners located throughout Canada. Knowledge of French is required for candidates from the province of Quebec and is an asset for candidates from other provinces.