- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 310-1414 8th Street Southwest
- City: Calgary
- Province: Alberta
- Job category: Marketing - Generalist_dev
- Job ID: JR10004994
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you a passionate Marketing professional who is looking to take the next step in their career? Are you looking for a
The Marketing Associate will contribute to increased sales revenues for life and investment products by performing the following sales development activities:
- Help build effective business relationships with the insurance and investment advisors and administration staff of our Managing General Agencies;
- Train all or any of the above individuals regarding IA products, sales concepts and illustration software, as well as the IA administrative process, including a clearer understanding of our contracting, Extranet and commission programs;
- Arranging and conducting training needs analysis for agents in consultation with their MGA's and AGA's;
- Preparing and managing training schedules and communication to agents;
- Participating in road shows for new IA products and services;
- Attending conferences a speaker, delegate or IA exhibitor;
- Making suggestions/strategies for placement of complex cases;
- Providing technical and product advice to agents. On an ad hoc basis: Case preparation, packaging of cases and specialty business such as IRIS plans, Shared Ownership and certain business/tax efficiency programs, including Cascading Life;
- Monitoring the training activities and any directly resultant increase in business;
- Receiving and recording MGA/Agents feedback regarding product/software concerns to help improve for future releases;
- Control and use of the Sales Tracker – to both track new business and support the Director of Sales.
Contribute to overall efficiency of the territory by performing the following support and administrative functions:
- Responding to inquiries through telephone, email, written correspondence, or in person, in a timely and professional manner;
- Creating and revising presentations using Power Point software;
- Participating in product development meetings and helping review marketing material;
- Developing MGA campaigns, sales awards and certificates in to recognize personal producers;
- Occasionally providing life insurance and annuity quotes;
- Training agents via telephone or in person about using our software, our products, completion of all applications/forms.
Job Requirements (qualifications and skills):
- High School Diploma and College Marketing Diploma;
- 4 –6 years of insurance background;
- LOMA designations (ACS, AIAA), CLU, CFP, LLQP or other related qualifications;
- Very good training skills: ability to lead, teach, coach and motivate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people. Able to influence and motivate our business partners;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent organization and planning skills with a strong ability to meet tight deadlines. Able to delegate effectively;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and good mathematical aptitude;
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and an ability to work with mainframe computer systems and a solid understanding of the Internet;
- Good knowledge of Canadian illustration software;
- Valid Driver’s License and Vehicle.
What We Can Offer You:
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Pension Plan
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.