We’re looking for an Accountant to join our team. Love your career. It happens here!
Financial / Cash – 35%
• Prepares and posts cash receipts – integration.
• Reconciles cash to the processing system.
• Posts daily deposits.
• Reviews bank reconciliations.
• Works outstanding checklist and sends required letters.
• Prepares chargeback letters to collect funds due.
• Posts integrations files for refund and claim checks.
• Reconciles trial balance accounts.
Monthly Sales Processing – 20%
• Prepares and posts integrations files for sales.
Monthly Cash Disbursements – 25%
• Prepares, posts, and distributes monthly commissions.
• Prepares and posts reserves.
• Prepares and posts reserves funding to financial institutions.
• Processes refund and claims check files.
• Prepares 1099’s for disbursement.
Other Assignments – 20%
• Reconciles reserves deposits to trust accounts.
• Gathers requested information for audits.
• Gathers and furnishes monthly reporting to insurer/direct writer, etc.
• Provides backup for bank deposits.
• Serves as backup for front desk coverage.
• Provides assistance to clients and/or other departments as needed.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate degree in accounting or equivalent work experience preferred.
• At least three years of accounting work experience.
• Experience within the insurance or service contract industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Strong computer/MS Office skills; MS Excel in particular, and ability to learn other software systems quickly.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid research and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple projects with little supervision.
• Ability to analyze and think critically.
• Ability to keep work well organized and prioritize well to meet deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative and responsibility for assigned work.
��� Ability to receive direction and work with supervisors well.
• Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as a team player.
• Ability to adapt well to change, both procedural and organizational.
• A positive, learning-oriented attitude.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401K w/ match, PTO, and more!)
• A Human Approach
• Career Advancement
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Quality Working Conditions
iA American is a wholly-owned subsidiary of iA Financial Group, one of the largest insurance and wealth management groups in North America. In the last few years, iA American has been thoughtfully built by iA Financial Group through the acquisition of Innovative Aftermarket Systems (IAS), SouthwestRe, and Dealers Assurance Company (DAC). Our suite of products and services includes automotive protection packages, reinsurance options, dealer support, direct-to-consumer products, and in-house administration.