- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 2200 McGill College Avenue
- Location: Montreal, Quebec
- Other Possible Location(s): Vancouver, British Columbia; Québec, Quebec; Toronto, Ontario
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10015176
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2023-04-21
iA Financial Group is seeking a Data Solutions Architect to join its Data Management team. This individual will help lay the foundation for the company's digital data transformation and participate in strategic projects at the forefront of analytics technology.
Your future role and responsibilities
Lead solution design for all aspects:
- System -- functional requirements, development, component selection and reuse, integration;
- Technological -- technical requirements and non-functional requirements, use of new design approaches (e.g. cloud, mobility), security, performance, availability;
- Organizational -- processes, change management, requirements (functional specifications), legal and regulatory obligations.
- Carry the overall solution architecture file which will serve as the primary information vehicle within the architecture process and should facilitate the review of all technical aspects and support decision making
- Ensure linkages and integration of the solution into the affected ecosystems in order to minimize potential problems and, when likely or unavoidable, propose pragmatic workarounds
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the solution -- from design to delivery (end-to-end) - including constant validation of the team's understanding
- Maintain traceability of architecture decisions, certify technical project documentation, and verify the currency of ongoing documentation affected by the work.
- Provide multi-disciplinary leadership to the solution delivery team (designers, analysts, developers, etc.) and peripheral collaborators, including external suppliers
- Collaborate to ensure the success of the project including acting as a facilitator to manage the schedule, scope and budget
- With the support of and in collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture team, in order to maintain corporate alignments, ensure compliance with: prescriptive design guidelines, processes, use of standardized tools, standards and other architectural methods sanctioned by Enterprise Architecture
- Through constant monitoring of architectural trends, promote cutting-edge methodologies and tools that comply with the company's standards and norms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business informatics, information systems, computer or software engineering, mathematics or other relevant education at the same level
- 8 years of experience in information technology and a minimum of 5 years as an IT architecture professional in various projects
- Experience as an architecture consultant in large-scale BI projects
- Mastery of different BI solution architectures (ETL, data lifecycle, data warehouse)
- Good knowledge/understanding of key strategic IT technologies
- Experience working with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), DevOps, Agile and LEAN methodologies
- Experience designing highly available, reliable, usable and high volume applications and systems.
- Excellent communicator and popularizer, both with IT teams and business people
- Excellent English and French language skills, both oral and written, due to frequent interactions with English and French speaking colleagues or internal partners across Canada.
- Experience with data solution ecosystems including data transformation and pipeline tools (e.g. Azure data factory, DataBricks, etc.), data warehousing tools (e.g. SnowFlake, Azure DataLake, etc.) and data science tools (e.g. Azure ML, Python, etc.)
- Experience with continuous deployment (e.g. DevOps) and infrastructure as code concepts and tools
- Experience with master data management (MDM) and reference data management (RDM) solutions
- Proven knowledge of the financial services and insurance industry
Your iA Financial Group Benefits
- Base salary and organizational bonus
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Stock purchase plan
- Flexible days off (8)
- Flexible hours and voluntary hybrid mode (35 hours)
- Career plan coaching & training
This permanent position can be based anywhere in Canada.
At iA, we invest,
Our employees are our best investment and we have much to offer them.
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.