Director, Financial and Tax Advanced Solutions
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Actuarial Services
- Job ID: JR10008042
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-04-23
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The mission of the new Financial and Tax advanced Solutions team is to develop and promote iA's expertise in taxation, sales concepts and optimization of individual insurance and savings products for large cases. In your role of Director, you will be responsible for mobilizing and developing a team of experts and analysts to help you implement the vision. You and your team will develop sales concepts and train sales teams in relation to these, act as a facilitator and provide expert advice and support on special cases – the goal is to ensure that our service offer meets the needs of our clients and distributors.
More specifically, you are responsible for:
- Mobilize a team of high-level professionals. Ensure the fine-tuning of this expertise and support your employees in their development. Attract the best talents and create commitment
- Together with the sales teams, identify the most promising sales concepts and develop them. Depending on the type of concept and the target clientele, recommend the best tool to illustrate it
- Prepare technical training material and presentations to train the sales force on sales concepts, taxation and the benefits of savings and insurance products to meet the financial needs of clients
- Promote our service offer and our expertise in the marketplace and to advisors in order to position iA as a major player in financial and estate planning and service for large cases
- Support the sales force on special cases, in particular as an expert to the client's professionals (accountant, tax specialist) and through the optimization, customization and illustration of the solution proposed to meet the client’s financial needs
- Monitor regulatory and legal changes that could impact our product offering
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of the team's service offer, propose solutions for improvements and implement the required adjustments. Validate the relevance of the services offered and ensure that the service offer evolves according to the needs
- Implement solutions to meet iA's profitable growth objectives.
Forward Looking: strategic thinking; business knowledge; aware of innovations, particularly technological, in the industry
Propels success: takes courageous actions and achieves ambitious goals with his team; entrepreneurship; agility and resilience; leader in change
Collaborate with impact: teamwork, ability to influence, networking, good self-awareness, authenticity and openness to feedback
Develops high-performing teams: Deploys the vision, develops resources in action and shares responsibilities with the team. Provides honest and timely feedback, promotes the careers of team members (know their ambition, strengths, areas of development)
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, business administration, accounting, finance, law or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian insurance market
- Knowledge of individual insurance and savings products
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree in taxation (an asset)
- Financial planner designation (an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, both oral and written.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.