Administrator, Group Savings and Retirement
#Remote Job #Temporar Job
Reporting to the Manager, the administrator has to analyze and process various transaction requests from our clients (members, plan sponsors, advisors, consultants) and internal partners. These requests are quite varied, and they are associated with all the events that occur during the existence of a group savings account (e.g. RRSPs, DPSPs, TFSAs, non-registered plans, RRIFs, LIFs, Annuities, RPPs and SPPs).
The administrator is responsible for varied transactions for the administration of the plan including setting up the account to its final termination. The administration of the account must be kept compliant with plan provisions, eligibility and applicable federal and provincial legislation.
This is a challenging and constantly changing work environment. This position is characterized by occasional periods of work requiring overtime.
Under regular supervision, tasks and responsibilities include:
• Processing transactions received from clients and using systems and tools in place.
• Verbal and written communications with clients and internal partners
• Maintaining a high level of productivity and accuracy
• Receiving incoming calls from members regarding settlements and GSR products. (Customer service Administrator only)
• Respecting financial deadlines as well as compliance with policies, rules and legislations
• Verifying non-financial transactions of colleagues
• Providing a high level of customer service (requests received and required follow ups).
• Analyzing simple requests and escalating theses to the specialist if needed
• Preparing various reports and taxation slips for clients and authorities
• Processing journal entries
• Participating in DMS (Daily Management System)
• Identifying problems, mudas and proposing viable solutions to improvement ideas through the different LEAN tools
• Contributing toward building and maintaining a positive environment where all team members can learn, share knowledge and collaborate.
• College degree in financial services or college degree in administration (any combination deemed equivalent of training or experience)
• Less than 1-year experience
• Advanced English level (both verbal and written) (Bilingual is an asset)
• Knowledge of the different group savings and retirement products and legislation (asset)
• Ability to learn quickly
• Capability to work under pressure
• Positive attitude and team spirit