- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Legal and Compliance Services
- Job ID: JR10004878
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Purpose and Accountability
Reporting to the Director of iA-Dealer Services Compliance & Risk Management, the incumbent will act as resource and one of the main points of contact for advice and guidance as related to iA-Dealer Services compliance matters. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Risk Management: Acting as a compliance specialist overseeing the regulatory and operational risk management of iA-Dealer Services.
- Licensing: Monitoring that appropriate licenses are held by distribution partners.
- Support Line of Business: Reviewing line of business practices for compliance with internal, external, or regulatory audits.
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of corporate, industry, provincial and federal policies and regulations.
- Liaise with Regulatory and Operational Risk Management Team and Legal Department
Licensing & Training Monitoring
- Oversee and monitor licensing and training in conjunction with RMAs, SAL Support, and other Staff.
Marketing, Sales, and Administration Support
- Identify and recommend improvement to processes pertaining to compliance activities.
Line of Business Practices
- Promote the fair treatment of customers throughout the LOB
- Monitor the implementation status of audit recommendations.
- Support completion of compliance related projects.
- Bachelors Degree
- General or life Insurance license – an asset
- FLMI designation or willingness to obtain– an asset
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in Compliance related activities
- 3-5 years of business experience
- Fluently Bilingual in English & French (Verbal & Written) with an ability to translate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Diplomacy in verbal and written communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to detect and resolve compliance related issues
- Organizational skills including attention to details, dates, and deadlines
What we Offer
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.