Analyst, Validations and Processes – Investment Operations
- Employer: Industrial Alliance Investment Management Inc.
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- Location: Québec, Quebec
- Other Possible Location(s): Montreal, Quebec; Toronto, Ontario
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10015969
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
- Apply before: 2023-04-01
Sector: Investment Operations / Temporary role (12 months) / French & English / Remote / Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto
With over $200 billion in assets under management and administration, iA Financial Group is a key player in investment management in North America. All our investment management sectors must be constantly evolving to continue to reach our ambitious business objectives.
We’re looking for an Analyst or Senior Analyst, Validations and Processes (Valpro) to perform daily and monthly validations and controls surrounding investment activities. Those activities are for some conducted internally, and for others performed by our external partners.
Reporting to the Director, Investment Accounting and Reporting Oversight, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Validate operational results and optimize controls and business processes to ensure the quality of information used by our internal and external business partners.
- Ensure that proper controls are in place and followed, for instance for processes surrounding reconciliations, accounting entries and period close-outs.
- Work closely with other investment operations team members to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Ensure to mitigate operational risk exposure.
- Provide support and guidance to external auditors
- Manage priorities and ensure that operational deadlines are met at all times.
- Be the reference person in order to assist your teammates
- Participate in the implementation of monitoring processes that are standardized and supported by proper controls.
- University degree in Finance or Accounting (or relevant experience)
- 2 + years of experience in investment operations
- Extensive understanding of financial markets and/or wealth management
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting environments in Canada and the United States
- Understanding of the Canadian regulatory environment surrounding securities operations
- Experience working with EAGLE, an asset
- Being able to communicate in English and French, an asset, due to frequent interactions with English and French-speaking colleagues or internal ans external partners
Are you interested in writing a major chapter in iA's transformation as a key player in Canada and the U.S.? If so, feel free to submit your application!
At iA, we invest,
Our employees are our best investment and we have much to offer them.
iA Financial Group is the strength of a company with a human side, with its over 8,000 employees. Together, we have earned the trust of our more than four million clients and 50,000 advisors who have chosen us for their insurance, savings, and wealth management.
With over $200 billion in assets and half a billion invested in technological innovation, we’re a key player in the financial services industry in Canada and the United States. The secret to our success? Investing in you, one person at a time. Because, for over 125 years, we have believed that it’s by supporting our employees and surrounding ourselves with the most reputable leaders in the industry, we will continue to innovate.
At iA, we’re invested in you.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA Financial Group, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us here. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.