Business Strategist, Investments (Montreal, Toronto, or Quebec City)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10008244
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-04-23
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
As Senior Advisor to Chief Investment Officer, you will work closely with our Chief Investment Officer and senior management of the Investment department, focusing on business strategy, decision support and effective communications. You will partner closely with senior management by combining technical expertise and communication skills to support business decision-making and transformation. The role conducts in-depth analysis to advance the Investment department’s strategic vision. You will oversee the development of materials including strategy presentations as well as client and marketing communications. The role also participates in a broad range of ad-hoc projects and activities.
- Plan and facilitate strategic planning sessions, continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats, and develop a view on industry changes and relevant forces at play
- Develop Executive and Board level presentations and business cases as required, in collaboration with business units and functions
- Develop effective communication for the CIO for audiences ranging from internal employees to external clients. This includes the creation of the narrative, speaking notes and effective supporting slides
- Direct and oversee business reviews and growth strategy, client analysis and competitor benchmarking, profit improvement opportunities, regulatory reform planning and analysis, and other complex business analysis
- Monitor assigned strategies' performance and assist in communicating performance attribution drivers, working in close partnership with transformation teams
- Responsible for developing detailed financial models for corporate level business cases
- Represent the Chief Investment Officer and the Investment department in internal meetings as appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree with 7+ years of business strategy, management consulting, asset management experience with an MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills required
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally
- Dynamic, self-starter who is well organized and operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Outstanding project management experience with proven ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Expertise in investments and actuarial science would be an asset
- Multi-lingual fluency (English and French) is required
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.