Director, Data Platforms ( Quebec, Montreal or Toronto)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Data Science
- Job ID: JR10006746
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Posting end date: 2020-12-18
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are looking for a leader with a passion for business strategy, teamwork, data and technology to join iA Financial Group.
As Director of Data Platforms, you will be a key player in the realization of the company's digital ambition. You support our strategy to deliver the data-driven shift through various data distribution platforms and consumption and visualization tools. You lead a multidisciplinary team of information technology experts. You work closely with the different sectors of the company and a network of strategic partners. You ensure that our platforms meet industry best practices and are able to keep pace with the growing needs of the company. Since the use of data is constantly evolving, your curiosity allows you to stay abreast of the latest trends.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Data Management, here is a summary of your main duties:
- Act as a strategist, facilitator and leader: communicate and execute the evolution of the data platforms used by iA Financial Group's advisors, partners and employees
- Contribute to the success of major initiatives and projects
- Establish trusting relationships with all stakeholders who use or interact with our data platforms to ensure consistency of strategies
- Ensure that the platforms under your responsibility are supported, secure, reliable, efficient and that they evolve through various modes of implementation;
- Lead and inspire your team and ensure their continued success
- Manage commitments and relationships with external partners
- Manage budget and performance
- Provide regular status reports on performance, value delivered, operations, key decisions and budget.
This permanent position is located in Quebec City or Montreal or Toronto and due to the current situation, you will start in teleworking.
Position with occasional travel within North America, when securely possible.
Leadership profile sought:
- To be a creative, positive and inspiring leader
- Know how to communicate strategically, effectively and in a timely manner
- Know how to value collaboration by being a good listener, open and considerate of others
- Dare to question what already exists, in a respectful and constructive manner
- Know how to be proactive and proactive. Dare to go beyond what is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in computer science, software development, data strategy and data technology
- Demonstrate achievements relevant to the duties of the position
- Bilingualism in French and English - both oral and written
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and data science, data governance, an asset
- Ability to innovate and mobilize in a changing context
- Knowledge of the financial services and life and health insurance sector an asset
- Experience in managing managers, an asset
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies, Scrum and DevOps, an asset
- Relevant experience in writing specifications, calls for tenders, IT services outsourcing, an asset
- Very good knowledge of technologies and different types of data platforms an asset
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment, an asset.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.