Senior Risk Monitoring Advisor (Quebec, Montreal or Toronto)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Actuarial Services
- Job ID: JR10005994
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to apply your expertise by providing risk modeling for complex mandates and training the next generation? Come tackle new challenges in a continuous improvement environment with a fast-growing investment team!
On the Investment Risk Monitoring team, you will be in charge of developing and maintaining market, credit and liquidity risk models and risk management models that will assist management in strategic decision-making.
Specifically, you will:
- Design, implement and develop complex mathematical risk management models
- Contribute to a variety of complex strategic projects, mandates and activities
- Recommend risk management strategies
- Act as a consultant to other team resources and other members of corporate management
- Provide monitoring to understand and anticipate trends in your field and ensure the development and updating of appropriate practices for the organization
- Influence the organization in the implementation of risk management processes based on industry best practices
Are you recognized for the depth and rigour of your analysis? Do you value teamwork and collaboration? Are you able to make information easily accessible and communicate it properly? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others? These are the qualities our dynamic team is looking for and that will make you the successful applicant.
- Postgraduate university degree in finance, financial engineering, actuarial, risk management or any other related discipline
- Over eight years’ experience in the field
- Strong knowledge in the evaluation of cash and derivative financial products
- Mastery of VaR market concepts
- Programming skills (Python, SAS, R, Matlab)
- CFA/FRM/FSA designation
You think you are the one we are looking for? Reply to our job posting via the link.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.