Accounts Receivable (AR) Reconciliation Specialist - One Year Contract
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10004864
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you someone who enjoys the challenge of maintaining receivables in good standing while at the same time cultivating close relationships? Are you someone who is efficient and prides yourself with your accuracy when it comes to invoicing and receivable collections? If you said yes, we have a great opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Reconciliation Specialist to join our close knit team that works on servicing our automotive dealers.
This role is for a one year contract with a possibility of extension
What a typical day looks like:
- You come into the office, grab a coffee or tea (we will keep you will caffeinated) and greet your co-workers
- Get on the phone with one of your favorite dealers and follow up an invoice that you sent them for outstanding premiums.
- Notice there is a discrepancy in one of the payments, go back to determine the history of transactions, find the issue and then reconcile the account.
- Time for lunch! Grab a hot lunch from our many selections in our employee cafeteria (did we mention that all meals are $5!)
- Although it may not be the most glamorous part of the job, generate and send out invoices. And then reward yourself with another cup of coffee.
- Get an email from our National Sales Team to follow you on a dealers account and their request to reconcile remittances.
- Have a meeting with your manager where you discuss a process improvement that you have identified. Pat yourself on the back when
- Work on your ongoing project of developing a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Your day is done and you now are going to head down to our gym in order to get a great workout in before heading home!
What we are looking for:
- Post secondary education ideally in business administration
- 1-3 years of accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and Word
- A team player
Nice to haves:
- Bilingual in French and English
- LOMA or have the willingness to complete within two years of employment (we will of course cover costs and as an added incentive we also have a bonus for passing courses!)
What we can offer you:
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.