- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 210-4370 Still Creek Drive
- City: Burnaby
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004657
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to work as a Systems Engineer within a small, established team of IT professionals. This position is located in our Burnaby, BC office.
The Systems Engineer works closely with the Infrastructure, Helpdesk and Information Security teams to support, maintain, and evolve PPI’s advanced IT ecosystem. This includes network, servers and applications.
The System Engineer is responsible for implementing new solutions and technologies; patching, maintaining, and upgrading existing infrastructure (Network, servers, and systems); and troubleshooting technical issues as they arise, ensuring that all duties are performed in a secure, well-documented and reliable manor.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of PPI’s:
- wired and wireless network and computer related systems;
- security technologies, including Firewalls, IPS/IDS, vulnerability scanners, SIEM system, etc.;
- remote sites;
- remote access technologies;
- email infrastructure (Microsoft Exchange);
- Unified Communications Infrastructure including voice, video, screen sharing, conferencing (Skype for Business);
- File/Print infrastructure including SharePoint, File Servers, MFP’s, Canon and Uniflow;
- IT management infrastructure including the automation of IT tasks, standard build, monitoring and paging, managed patch deployment, managed application deployment and Funk Proxy Remote Control.
- Assist with keeping PPI’s network and infrastructure documentation up-to-date.
- Create, maintain, and deploy Microsoft SCCM application packages.
- Assist with the documentation of IT policies.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair Tier 3 level technical issues.
- Maintain field expertise through additional training as needed.
- Travel to various PPI locations to assist with network and computer systems during moves or upgrades, as required.
- Additional projects and network-related responsibilities as requested and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Degree in computer sciences or related discipline required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related capacity, preferably in a financial services or insurance environment
- Deep understanding of and experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Skype for Business/VoIP
- Solid understanding of and experience with Cisco networking
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting, preferably PowerShell
- Demonstrated proficiency in networking technologies such as BGP, OSPF, DHCP, VPN, SNMP, Etc.
- Hands on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytic tools
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships and work harmoniously with multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in documentation
- Proven skill as creative problem-solver with ability to troubleshoot IT technical problems at a Tier 3 level
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in the face of ambiguous situations, shifting demands and challenging work environments
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities
- Exemplary ethical standards with a proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the highest level of discretion
- Technical certifications, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE would be considered and asset
- Must be able to travel
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.