Business Development Associate
- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 300-6700, boulevard Pierre-Bertrand
- City: Quebec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004333
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast. Unparalleled resources. At your command.
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for a Business Development Associate to join our Quebec Sales Team.
Business Development Associate
The Business Development Associate works closely with the sales team to manage the case preparation of new business and the in-force block of business as required. The Business Development Associate is responsible for providing education to advisors and their staff, as well as sales and operations team members on product software, product features and analysis, etc., and providing support to the sales team as required.
- In conjunction with Business Development team members (BDM/Director/AVP), proactively meet with identified Advisors to build rapport, understand their business, and develop and understanding of junior advisors to develop a KYA that will assist in the development of a suitable support program
- Assist in delivering portions of the Knowledge Program and conduct all necessary follow-up
- Manage Wholesalers identified by your AVP/VP to function as an extension of PPI support to Advisors
- Develop and manage the relationship with Wholesalers identified by your AVP/VP to ensure they understand and support PPI’s business offering to our advisors, are effective in delivering the PPI message, are comfortable and confident in using PPI tools and are encouraged to refer advisors to PPI
- Create standard presentation packages utilizing illustrations, applets and other available formats, etc.
- Prepare illustration software quotes as requested
- Develop strategies for the successful packaging of cases in conjunction with the advisor
- Develop expertise on rated cases and pre-assess potentially rated cases
- Provide advice and counsel to advisors on problematic case-level issues and underwriting assistance as required
- Respond to queries regarding changes to in-force policies such as conversions
- Educate advisors and their staff on product software, applets, the Toolkit, Wealthserv and insurance products
- Provide training to operations and sales team members on all products, carrier software, industry issues, participating in the skills development of team members
- Participate in regular sales team meetings
- Provide support to the sales team as requested
- Organize and coordinate marketing seminars and events including invitations and managing the RSVP process
- Facilitate the completion of advisor contracting; reviewing for accuracy and communicating with advisors regarding any outstanding requirements, and the processing of changes to existing contracts, as required
- Support the contracting functions of the office, facilitating the resolution of commissions related issues as required
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English
- Undergraduate degree in a business related program desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the life insurance industry
- Successfully completed LLQP
- Considerable experience in a highly service oriented role
- Industry designations (FLMI, ACS, CLU, ChFC, CHS, CFP) desired
- Demonstrated strong understanding of marketplace products and competition
- Proven business knowledge of life and/or living benefits insurance industry and products
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Advanced degree of skill with Microsoft software applications – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular
- Excellent organization and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and move between projects continuously
- Effective problem solving skills
- Initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts
- Proven ability to handle confidential material with the highest level of discretion
PPI is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, barrier-free accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants and will accommodate candidates with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.