Dealer Services/Hybrid Work Model/Brossard or Montreal preferred, but open to candidates in Quebec/6-month contract with possibility of extension/ Start Date: As soon as possible/Working Conditions: Availability to work later shifts from 11-7pm or 12 to 8 pm
Are you passionate about the automobile industry and you take pride in giving an outstanding customer service? The Dealer Services team needs you to help support its Canadian clientele.
The Mechanical Warranty Claims Adjuster is responsible for adjudicating mechanical warranty claims on Extended Warranty Contract Policies sold across Canada and servicing a fluctuating caseload of new and ongoing claims within department service standards required to support the iA Group clients. More precisely:
- Processes warranty claims, assigns inspectors, justifies benefits a customer is contractually entitled while also eliminating wasteful and abusive claims.
- Communicate decision to claimants.
- When applicable, calculate payments and create payments on the system.
- Interpret the policy contracts to accurately calculate benefits, which is a completely manual process.
- Communicates in writing to customers using standard letters (with some modification) and customized letters.
- Discuss and present difficult or complex claims to management.
- Negotiate with the claimant in the case of an overpayment to ensure that IA Pacific receives a full refund.
You will also be responsible of developing and maintaining positive and effective business relationships with the claimant base and with Regional offices staff. You can multitask various responsibilities and can adapt to a change in priorities. Lastly, you provide appropriate and timely communication, while maintaining confidentiality with claimants and other departments within IA Pacific, while being able to apply the terms of the coverage.
Your career path looks like this:
- High School Diploma and/or Community College Diploma in a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry related, including experience in a vehicle mechanical repair facility environment.
- Good knowledge of mechanical warranty products, systems and distribution channels.
- 3 to 5 years in customer service in a fast-paced environment (asset).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiar with the Internet and maneuvering within a Web based application.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communicates effectively by telephone (customer service orientation). Must have strong organizational, negotiation, detail oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English and French language skills, both oral and written, due to frequent interactions with English and French speaking clients across Canada.
As a temporary Claims Adjuster at iA, you will have a 35h/week schedule and you will have the option to work from home with a training and some meetings every now and then in the Brossard office.