Conseiller(ère) juridique, affaires corporatives
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Legal and Compliance Services
- Job ID: JR10008424
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-05-17
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you like being involved in strategic issues and are you a team player with strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are you good at expressing your thoughts and influencing your partners on crucial issues?
iA Financial Group is looking for an experienced legal advisor to round out its team in charge of providing legal support in the areas of corporate law, securities (reporting issuer) and governance.
You will mainly be responsible for:
- Working with other legal advisors on corporate law matters, including acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and management of the iA Financial Group portfolio of companies as well as securities matters related to reporting issuers
- Providing corporate legal advice to iA Financial Group companies and drafting various corporate documents including by-laws, resolutions, unanimous shareholder agreements and regulatory applications
- Contributing to public or private financing files for iA Financial Group companies
- Coordinating certain assignments delegated to outside advisors
You may also be called on to:
- Take part in developing and reviewing governance framework documentation for iA Financial Group member companies
- Take part in drafting documentation relating to iA Financial Group’s reporting issuer obligations, including helping to prepare the proxy circular, the annual information form and other documents related to preparations for the iA Financial Group annual general meeting
What we are looking for:
- Strong team player
- Keen analytical mind
- Ability to share knowledge and to support and train other legal advisors and paralegals
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Agility and flexibility in the face of change or unexpected situations
- Ability to challenge traditional ways of doing things
- Member of the bar of a Canadian province
- Minimum five (5) years of corporate law experience
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of securities regulations relating to reporting issuer obligations (asset)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.