Summer Student 2020 Opportunities
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10004672
- Job type: Student Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Student positions are targeted to those who are interested in learning about the financial services industry. If you have the following, we encourage you to apply:
- You are working towards a university degree ideally with a focus on business, commerce or economics and will be returning to school in the fall
- A motivated and "eager to learn" attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest in the financial services industry (Insurance and wealth management)
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with proven problem solving skills
- Ability to pick up systems in a short period of time
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Bilingualism in French (verbal and written) is an asset
For Summer 2020 (May 4th - August 28th) the available positions are as follows:
- Group Savings and Retirement Administrator
- Processing transactions received from clients and using systems and tools in place.
- Maintaining a high level of productivity and accuracy
- Prestige Administrator
- Support and assist with developing and maintaining relationships with Advisors and internal departments
- Support the Prestige Relationship Managers with day-to-day administration tasks and follow-up with internal departments.
- Marketing Coordinator
- Assisting team members with executing day-to-day marketing initiatives, developing messaging in a variety of mediums and coordinating the timely delivery of marketing projects and activities
- Assisting with social media content creation and working with agency partners to schedule and execute editorial calendars
- In progress: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Digital Marketing
- Sales Assistant (Insurance)
- Responsible for supporting two to three Account Executives and occasionally other leaders within the office the Sales Assistant manages variety of administrative tasks.
- The Sales Assistant collects and then compiles weekly and monthly sales reporting and provides to the Regional Director on a timely basis.
- Security Analyst
- Help write cyber security safety advisories and risk analyses, and conduct research on different security-related technologies
- Assist in projects as a security analyst in a team of more than 80 security professionals
- In progress: Bachelor's degree in computer science with a concentration in security or visible interest in the subject
- Graphic Designer
- Using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat), update/create static layouts, graphs/ illustrations
- Update and maintain design templates according to the brand
- In progress: degree or diploma in Graphic Design
- Group Underwriting Assistant
- Manage database for the Underwriting workflow
- Underwrite simple renewals for small groups (under 25 lives)
- Complete special reports assigned by management, including system testing for applications used in technical support
- In progress: pursuing a degree or diploma in Business, Economics, Math, Actuarial or Statistical related field of study
- Communications Administrator (NEW)
- Coordinate and provide support in the planning, developing, producing, and delivering of communications materials
- Prepare post event survey’s and overview of results
- Create written materials including some business communications, reports, and corporate presentations
- In progress: pursuing a degree or diploma in Marketing or Corporate Communications
- Operations Associate/ Account Transfers Administrator (NEW)
- Maintain SLAs of the Account Transfer Department, to include adherence with regulatory body rules (i.e. IIROC rules)
- Open and distribute Department mail
Please indicate which position(s) you would like to be considered for in the questionnaire where it states " Why are you the best candidate for this position? "
Please note that student positions are open to those who have graduated from high school and are entering and/or currently enrolled in post-secondary studies, including graduate studies that will be returning to school in the fall.
Our standard office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm. Our offices are located in downtown Toronto (522 University Avenue and 26 Wellington Street East).
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.