Senior Product Analyst
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004532
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Supports the iA Wealth retail advisory network with product (mostly mutual funds and ETFs) and investment research, analysis and portfolio construction guidance. Instrumental in the growth and development of the fund research franchise at iA. Oversight of the product shelves of iA Wealth’s IIROC and MFDA dealers is another key function.
Maintain coverage of the Canadian mutual fund and ETF universes + have a keen understanding of key US listed ETFs
- Establish and maintain relationships with product manufacturers
- Develop industry-leading product knowledge and become iA Wealth’s in house product expert
- Conduct thorough analysis of mutual funds and ETFs through independent research using investment tools such as Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct
- Effectively conduct ongoing external portfolio manager due diligence meetings
- Attend industry events and conferences and events to keep on top of industry and investment trends and product development
Deliver value to the iA Wealth advisor channel by producing value-added research content. Focused on, but not limited to, the Canadian investment funds space (mutual funds and ETFs)
- Use product/investment knowledge and leverage manufacturer relationships to develop ongoing research content for the sales channel
- Cultivate relationships with advisors to get a better sense of what research content they value
- Provide research and analytics to drive security selection decisions
- Reports are to be published daily, weekly, monthly quarterly, annually and on an ad-hoc basis. These include the Recommended List, model portfolios, monthly market commentaries and industry-related insight.
Engage and educate members of the advisor network:
- Field calls and emails from advisors seeking product advice, portfolio advice, etc.
- Display high levels of investment acumen beyond simply the product space so more holistic conversations with advisors can be had
- Present on Advisor calls
- Conduct branch presentations
- Participate at various iA-produced advisor events
Develop a strong understanding of the Canadian wealth and asset management industries
- understand the industry + understand how advisors operate their businesses and how research content and advisory services can benefit them
Contribute to the effective functioning of the Funds Research group:
- Build an effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Show an ability to be able to meet publication deadlines and a willingness to work long hours if required
- Facilitate a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participate in and contribute to touch bases and team meetings
- Encourage the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Contribute to the dealer’s product shelf oversight requirements
- Play a key role in the approval process for new products
- Conduct ongoing due diligence on products as required by the dealers and regulators
- Play a role on the Portfolio Aid Risk Committee
Education / Work Experience / Designations
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in business and/or finance
- CFA designation preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in the investment funds space. Experience at an asset manager or an investment dealer helpful
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian mutual fund and ETF industries coupled with and strong understanding of portfolio construction principles
- Very strong writing skills
- Understanding of the Canadian wealth management industry
- Strong level of knowledge and interest in capital markets and the general investment
- Very strong analytical skills - ability to distill large amounts of information and effectively communicate a fact-based viewpoint
- Strong Bloomberg and Excel skills + familiarity with Morningstar Direct a major plus
- Strong Word and Powerpoint skills
- Proven ability to develop and grow maintain business relationships.
- Results focused, with the ability to work autonomously while still meeting research production expectations
- Ability to communicate verbally in an effective fashion with high functioning individuals inside and outside of the firm
Complexity of Position: (Provide knowledge/skills required to successfully perform the accountabilities. Also can be used to capture department information related to this position.)
- Must be focused and detail oriented, with strong communication skills – written, listening and verbal
- Must possess a strong focus on customer service and care
- Should have a sense of creativity and focus on constantly improving the research product
- Must have the ability to synthesize a range of information from the market and economy
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.