Quebec City / Montreal / Toronto / Telework
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada. It offers a wide range of products and services, supporting its customers at every stage of their lives and meeting all their needs through its extensive sales network. Founded in 1892, the company's stability and solidity make it an employer of choice, investing in the long-term development of its employees.
With a presence in every region of the country, as well as in the United States, iA Financial Group employs more than 8,000 people, all of whom sharing the common goal of providing the best possible service to their customers.
Are you ready to take on new challenges with a team of professionals in a dynamic, new environment? Are you a good communicator, with leadership skills and a service mentality?
The Legal Services team is looking for a governance expert to fill the position of Practice Leader, Governance, Ethics and Integrity.
- Act as a resource person and ensure the application of good governance practices and the drafting of various framework documents within iA Financial Group companies, including policies;
- Advance and evolve the organization's governance mechanisms
to ensure consistency and uniformity across iA Financial Group;
- Responsible for the development, deployment and the application of processes related to the creation and revision of iA Financial Group policies;
- Coordinate the drafting and revision of policies by the various stakeholders, and develop tools to assist in their drafting;
- Responsible for iA Financial Group's Governance Framework and its periodic updating;
- Ensure that an up-to-date register of iA financial Group policies is maintained and published.
Ethics and integrity
- Responsible for updating iA Financial Group's Code of Professional Conduct and ensuring that iA Financial Group follows the industry best practices in integrity and ethics;
- Act as resource person for the application of iA Financial Group's Code of Professional Conduct;
- Responsible for the development, deployment and application of integrity and ethics processes within the Group, including processes for managing conflicts of interest of employees, directors and officers, as well as the integrity line process, in collaboration with the various stakeholders;
- Coordinate the development and publication of relevant training for employees and other stakeholders.
In relation to your role as manager and leader of team resources
- Play an influencial role to maintain good governance, ethics and integrity practices within iA Financial Group companies;
- Coach members of the legal department and other stakeholders to develop their reflexes in terms of good governance, ethics and integrity, and promote teamwork and knowledge sharing;
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of processes, norms and standards in force at iA Financial Group, and promote the improvement of work methods;
- Put in place the mechanisms needed to develop and maintain a community of expertise (e.g. expertise DMS, technical meetings);
- Supervise the performance of services under his/her responsibility and coordinate the availability of financial, material and human resources to ensure commitments are met.
- Lawyer with a minimum of 12 years' experience in a corporate legal environment, including expertise in corporate governance;
- LL. B. or J.D. diploma from a recognized university and member in good standing of a provincial bar
- Strategic thinking, business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and complex mandates with confidence
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to exert influence at all levels of the organization, and ability to build trust with team members, Legal Services managers and staff, company directors and senior management, among others.
- Advanced written and verbal competency in both English and French, due to frequent interactions with English and French speaking colleagues or internal and external partners across Canada.