Manager, Underwriting Operations Support
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 1080, Grande Allee West
- City: Québec
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10009062
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-07-02
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
If you want to take on new challenges and build a new team to support the underwriting team, we have just the opportunity for you!
You will work in the brand-new Partnerships and Improvements Department, which is a part of the Individual line’s Underwriting and New Business sector. This new department’s mission is to cultivate an approach focused on service to partners and the improvement of our new business and underwriting processes and methods.
Concretely, your roll will be as follows:
- Ensure the management of a Canada-wide team that provides timely and proactive service to ensure underwriting files are processed promptly
- Manage operational teams that support daily new business and underwriting operation
- medical team, telephone interviews for insureds, reinsurance information for the files
- Manage business relationships with all partners/external providers (telephone interviews, healthcare providers, medical directors, physicians, agencies, etc.)
- Manage administrative relationships (daily) with reinsurers and guarantee the alignment of processes and methodologies
- Improve process efficiency and the added value to operations under your purview
- Work closely with underwriting operations and new business administration departments in our sector
- Establish KPIs to monitor the smooth execution of operations under your purview
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, computer science or another related field
- Over eight years of experience, including two in a management position
- Knowledge of the IT system development process in Agile mode
- Excellent command of French (verbal and written)
- Good command of English (verbal and written): your team will be Canada-wide
- Knowledge of the daily management system (DMS)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.