Analyst, Policy Implementation
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10004036
- Job type: Temporary Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Group New Business, Administration and Policy Issue, the incumbent receives the new case submission which is assigned to them by the Team Lead. The incumbent will analyze the new case or endorsement submission requested by the client along with any additional documentation provided.
As part of your duties, you will perform the following tasks:
- Participate in the production of implementation specifications for small-sized groups in collaboration with other stakeholders by interpreting and comparing the proposal, specifications, prior carrier documents (contract/booklet) and any other documents supplied with our standard contract.
- Receive final quotations and analyze them in order to codify systems to meet customer needs.
- Coding the system with the client plan design and benefit information for small size new business sold. This includes the contract structure, benefit parameters, employee eligibility, rates, issuing client billings/invoices and member drug cards.
- Coding the system with all claim(s) information. Analyze if mapping/remapping is necessary for either medical and/or dental benefits and complete and distribute the required forms to the EDI suport team as needed.
- Analyse contract endorsements of low complexity requested by the client and proceed with change of the Benefit and Claims systems accordingly, to ensure claims are paid accordingly.
- Updating monthly rate changes due to renewal processing. Change needs to be analyzed, updated and accurately reflected for the next billing.
- Participate in diverse special projects etc
- Various administrative task
- Bachelor degree or Diploma combined with experience in a similar position
- To possess group insurance experience is a important advantage.
- To detain some working experience in a technical environment is an excellent asset.
- Analytical skills, strong organizational skills and attention to details are necessary for this position.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication Skills by phone/written correspondence/email
- Team player ability
- Being proactive.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.