Client Relations Specialist
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0818-1001
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the CRS will provide 1st level contact with customers, agents of Industrial Alliance and administrative staff from our MGA offices. The incumbent must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as proficiency with Word and data entry into various computer programs.
The incumbent must possess proven time management skills and work well under pressure with daily deadlines, as well as exhibit a positive attitude with a high level of motivation.
The key activities are:
• Respond to telephone calls from clients, agents and agency administration staff as well as other financial institutions
• Answer questions on products with full understanding of the contract and administrative provisions.
• Answer questions regarding tax rules for all registered RSP, RIF, LIF, RESP, TFSA, locked-in plans and non registered contracts. Responsible to correctly advise clients of impacts transactions will have on taxation to the contract owner. Must also be able to verify and educate clients on CRA forms and the taxation of various transfers.
• Review and correctly analyze transactions made on contracts in response to inquiries. Must have the ability to recognize processing errors, and take corrective steps.
• Answer questions regarding RESP grant rejects by the Government. Must recognize reject codes and provide clients with direction on corrective actions to be taken.
• Make decisions to facilitate the client’s request- such as escalations for transactions, waving administrations fees when appropriate, approve exceptions to certain processes.
• Focus on building and maintaining excellent relationships with Industrial Alliance agents, MGA administration staff and clients.
Frequent Email Communication:
• Answer emails from clients, agents and agency staff. Email inquiries are varied - basic transaction status requests, to death claim notifications, questions on taxation, notification of errors, responses from prior NIGO follow ups, complaints.
• Must meet and strive to exceed turn- around times for e-mail responses to clients.
NIGO (Not in Good Order Transactions):
• Follow up on incomplete transactions submissions- NIGO for new issue/ deposit/ redemption/ change transaction types.
• Contact agents and/or MGA offices for clarification of transaction requests that are unclear or cannot be processed. A thorough explanation must be provided to the recipient to advise why we cannot proceed and what steps must be taken (missing information) to allow us to proceed.
• Clearly document the instruction received for the file- Workflow. Ensuring it is understandable for other staff.
• College degree/diploma, and a minimum 1 year prior office experience.
• Loma 1 & 2, or willingness to achieve.
• Knowledge of savings products, procedures, and taxation elements specific to the various registrations strongly preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficient with Word and data entry into multiple computer programs.
• Demonstrate good time management and work well under pressure meeting daily deadlines.
• Posses a positive attitude and be self-motivated.
• Previous experience in the Financial Industry
Over-time will be required during RSP season.
Vacation black-out period from February to March.
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.