- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0618-0592
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Reporting to the manager of underwriting and administration, the incumbent is responsible for providing customer service, performing policy administration and premium processing. The incumbent will work in a busy team of 9 that service and manage a large policy portfolio.
What will I be doing?
Premium processing and administration duties will take up most of your time. The premium processing component will require you to check payments for accuracy, ensuring that they’ve been coded correctly and that the amounts are correct. Each month, you’ll need to input client data into spreadsheets to be sent to the division’s Accounting Department. You may be required to contact brokers and policyholders regarding issues with their premiums.
You administration duties will including renewals processing, preparing experience and premium reports, drafting letters and emails, preparing endorsements and filing. You’ll also be opening mail, dealing with courier deliveries, coding vendor invoices, monitoring office supplies, oversight of the group inbox and liaising with building maintenance, as required.
From time-to-time, you’ll take calls and respond to emails from brokers/clients and assist them with their enquiries. We’ll also need your help in arranging events for the office (Christmas party) and for brokers.
What will I need to be successful?
You’ll need to have good time management skills and be able to prioritize your work effectively. If you don’t have experience with special risk insurance, you’ll need to have excellent learning capacity and quickly become familiar with our products and processes.
• high school graduate with a business administration diploma/certificate
• customer relations and administration experience;
• special risk insurance experience (preferred)
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• strong interpersonal skills
• strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• detail oriented, decisive, confident, professional, works well under pressure, a team player, collaborative, solution focused
• intermediate working knowledge of Windows based applications
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.