Group Insurance Support Technician
- Employer: Hollis Insurance Inc.
- City: Laval
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0418-1270
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The Group Insurance Support Technician will act in respect of Hollis Inc., a financial services firm held by iA Financial Group, and will:
• Work with the Group Insurance Advisor
• Prepare contract specifications, send calls for tenders to insurers, keep track of files and prepare required documentation when implementing a plan
• Correct texts and prepare presentations
• Work with advisors to prepare group insurance contract renewals
• calculate taxable benefits and payroll deductions for clients
• Keep files and registered as required by law and corporate policies
• Be responsible for preparing group insurance sales and in-force reports and for updating organization charts and employee lists
• Order supplies, distribute mail and provide administrative support to the team.
• Diploma of college studies (DCS) with a specialization in office administration, administration, financial services or accounting
• Two to three years of relevant experience (in the insurance industry, specifically sales networks, customer service administration or compensation)
• Microcomputing skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Group insurance certificate (asset)
• Excellent verbal and writing skills in both English and French
• Related skills and abilities: autonomy, ability to work under pressure, excellent interpersonal skills, energy, customer service-oriented
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.