Department: Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement Administration / Permanent /French&English / Remote or Hybrid
Are you passionate about compliance and risk management? Do you enjoy navigating in an environment what requires an analytical spirit and good judgment? Are you known for your communications skills and ability to influence others?
Would you like to be a leader and someone who promotes compliance and risk management in a vibrant and growing business line?
The Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement Administration Department is looking for a professional to ensure the compliance and management of its operational risks.
Your new role and responsibilities will have you:
· Ensure the compliance of the Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement Administration Department
· Identify and evaluate this sector’s operational risks
· Design effective controls to mitigate and manage operational risks
· Solve control design and efficiency issues, addressing root causes, in collaboration with the various teams
· Coordinate control testing
· Communicate the sector’s performance in terms of operational risk to management and develop key indicators
· Advise management regarding the preparation of action plans in response to operational and control deficiencies
· Act as Anti-money laundering correspondent for the sector
· Support the privacy breach management process
· Help develop and maintain business continuity plans
· Participate in the business projects and initiatives of the Individual sector to ensure sound risk management
· Oversee the relationship with external and internal auditors, in collaboration with other professionals in the sector
· Coordinate the internal and external audit mandates, and help monitor and implement recommendations in collaboration with the various teams in the sector
· Share your compliance and risk management expertise with your colleagues in coaching mode
· Bachelor’s degree in law or accounting
· Five years of experience in compliance, risk management or accounting
· Excellent language skills in French and English, both oral and written, due to frequent interactions with Anglophone and Francophone clients and internal colleagues/partners across Canada
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Must demonstrate teamwork, analytical skills, communication skills and an ability to influence others