Financial Administration Coordinator (student)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10008675
- Job type: Student Job Full time
- Apply before: 2021-05-21
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you looking to gain valuable office experience? We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Administration Coordinator (student) to join our Special Market Solutions Team this Summer. You will be responsible for organizing, processing and distributing large volumes of work accurately, and in a timely manner so that the team can meet their daily processing objectives.
This student role is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to gain relevant work experience in the insurance and financial services industry.
What will I Be Doing?
- Responsible for processing non-complex premium payments adhering to the set rules and guidelines of premium processing, reconciling the processed batches of payments and updating all necessary logs ;
- Work must be completed within set deadlines to meet the Financial team, as well as other teams within the department, daily/monthly processing objectives and timelines ;
- Organizing, processing and distributing all incoming departmental mail and reports in an accurate and timely manner ;
- Responsible for reviewing, verifying and sending out system generated letters to insureds.
What we are Looking For:
- Currently pursuing a diploma in Business/Accounting or related field of study
- Knowledge of MS-Windows based applications, including Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi task and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Office experience (an asset)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.