- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 3600 4th Street SE
- City: Calgary
- Province: Alberta
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10005617
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for an Agency Administrator to join our Calgary team.
The primary focus of the Agency Administrator is to ensure service levels to advisors are maintained and to effectively facilitate the contracting of advisors with insurance carriers, resolve issues arising from advisor licensing and to investigate and resolve inquiries relating to advisor coding and advisor commissions as it pertains to coding overrides rates.
- Facilitate the completion of all new contracting and transfers for an advisor with the insurance carriers ensuring that advisors are updated regularly on current status.
- Assume ownership of assigned files and quality of data, including recognizing any urgencies and assisting in the resolution of problems that may prevent a file from moving through the process as quickly as possible and understanding the downstream impact on reporting and commissions.
- Review advisor contracts for accuracy and communicate with advisors regarding any outstanding requirements.
- Screen the advisor, communicate any issues with compliance and complete their PPI contracting.
- Maintain advisor’s profile and ensure information is up to date in all PPI’ systems.
- Ensure all advisor licensing and E&O requirements are up to date and entered into PPI’ systems and carriers’ notified.
- Work with the APEXA system to facilitate advisor’s contracting and transfers.
- Anticipate the needs of advisors and follow established processes for informing advisors of important details related to contracting.
- Investigate and facilitate the resolution of inquiries and/or issues relating to advisor contracting, licensing and commission overrides including communicating with the insurance carriers, advisors and appropriate departments within PPI.
- Set up investment Rep codes and maintain Rep records in the PPI investment system.
- Coordinate the set-up of advisors on insurance carrier websites to ensure that they are able to download commission statements as well as view their business.
- Ensure all tasks are completed according to PPI guidelines and standards and work with the Team Leader and Manager/Director, Agency Services to effectively accomplish identified department goals and objectives.
- Additional responsibilities, duties and special projects as identified.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years’ contracting experience with an existing Managing General Agency or similar work environment
- Industry designation(s) (FLMI, ACS, AIAA) desirable
- Superior organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Proven accuracy, attention to detail and data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships and work within a team environment
- Ability to represent self, office and organization in a professional, positive manner at all times
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Knowledge of WealthServ, APEXA and Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.