Director, Business Development
- Employer: PPI Management Inc.
- Office: 180-7005, boul. Taschereau
- City: Brossard
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Not Evaluated (Job Family)
- Job ID: JR10004337
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Shaping Dreams Into Legacies
PPI elevates independent financial advisors to the next level.
Supporting advisors with market leading expertise and technology, we empower them to build the best solutions for their clients through proprietary tools, a comprehensive product suite, unparalleled life insurer relationships and competitive compensation. A tireless supporter and advocate for Canada’s insurance advisors, PPI offers national resources through a network of local offices from coast to coast.
Unparalleled resources. At your command.
To maintain PPI’s exacting level of service, we are looking for a Director, Business Development to join our Brossard Sales Team.
Director, Business Development
The Director, Business Development is responsible for supporting Advisors in their assigned division by providing them with the resources, tools and education to enhance and maximize the Advisors’ professional success. This role will focus on business development with the objective of increasing production and promoting sales.
- Proactively meet with identified Advisors to build rapport, understand their business, and use PPI resources (KYA, Toolkit, Advisory, SPN, etc.) to help them grow their business
- Work with Advisors on potential cases and assist them in preparing and delivering customized client solutions
- Recruit and establish strong working relationships with new PPI Advisors
- Provide Advisors with industry-related education as required or requested
- Maintain industry knowledge and professional certifications by attending insurance company seminars, industry meetings and Advisor conferences as necessary
- Prepare and provide a full orientation of PPI to new Advisors
- Recommend product and sales strategies and concepts to Advisors
- Assist in segmenting all Advisors to ensure appropriate levels of support at all times
- Assist Advisors in placing rated cases and address other complex sales strategies
- Assist Advisors in developing communication strategies and alternate solutions when case issues are escalated
- Assist in delivering the Knowledge Program and conduct all necessary follow-up
- Manage Wholesalers to function as an extension of PPI support to Advisors
- Develop and manage the relationship with Wholesalers to ensure they understand and support PPI’s business offering to our advisors, are effective in delivering the PPI message, are comfortable and confident in using PPI tools and are encouraged to refer advisors to PPI
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English
- Undergraduate degree in a business related program desired
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the marketing and sales of life insurance, living benefits, segregated funds or related products
- Must hold a valid Life license
- Industry designations (CFP, CLU, ChFC) desired
- Proven sales and marketing skills
- Knowledge of the local market
- Effective problem solver with the initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships while working within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in making presentations to groups of people
- Positive attitude with ‘service’ focus
- Proven ability to handle confidential material with the highest level of discretion
PPI is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, barrier-free accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants and will accommodate candidates with disabilities in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume may be used for other vacancies.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.