Manager, Group Administration, New Business and Policy Issue
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Operational and Maintenance Services
- Job ID: JR10003957
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Are you an expert in group insurance and have experience in team and contact management? Are you looking for a new management challenge? Are you recognized for your leadership qualities and your organizational skills? Join the group insurance administration team!
We are currently looking for a Manager who will oversee a professional team located at our office in downtown Montreal. The Manager’s team is responsible for managing and drafting group insurance contacts for our Montreal offices.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, developing and training resources to achieve both corporate and personal growth targets, and being committed to providing an atmosphere of exceptional employee morale, high performance, teamwork and customer service;
- Ensuring a consistently high level of quality service and support to our group policyholders, brokers, sales and service staff to meet our sales and retention objectives within the Group Division. The incumbent will work closely with counterpart(s) to ensure consistent and efficient service delivery to our clients.
- Planning, managing, team structure, resource allocation and ongoing development, organizing activities/tasks to ensure established deadlines, turnaround times and quality expectations are consistently met; developing and maintaining departmental processes and documentation on an ongoing basis to maximize efficiency, performance evaluations, ongoing training & development and owns all problem resolution, turnaround times and service to our clients. The incumbent will work with counterpart(s) to develop a national service model to ensure consistent customer service delivery across Canada and efficiently utilize the resource capacity of both locations to meet our business objectives.
- Applying Lean methodology in day-to-day processes and activities (e.g. A3 problem-solving, 5 whys, Gemba walks, visual indicators, DMS), fostering a high-performance climate and promoting iA’s Lean culture.
- Providing leadership and guidance in implementing business process improvements, strategic projects and IT solutions, and working with the National Project Manager to co-ordinate activities and requirements. The incumbent will support the team in managing red flags/roadblocks that may arise during the project and after implementation.
- Ten years of experience in group insurance, specifically in group administration and group contracts
- A minimum of five years of leadership and management experience, particularly in talent development, workflow and process improvement strategies
- Must be bilingual
- Excellent knowledge of the market and the competition, and direct client-facing experience
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to help us stand out in the marketplace (e.g. offer unique services)
- Excellent presentation skills (i.e. participate in finalist presentations)
- Strong knowledge of Group systems, PC and web applications, group insurance products and procedures
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organization, planning and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with internal and external partners
- Excellent influencing skills
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.