Accounting Co-op Student (8 months)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Internships and Student Employment
- Job ID: JR10003953
- Job type: Student Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
The role of Accounting Co-op Student would involve the opportunity to get exposed to our Dealer Services line of business. You will get the chance to work within in a large publicly traded company and gain financial and insurance related experience.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Validating interest calculations on various loans
- Validating the accuracy of data transfer from Excel into our software that we utilize to process loans.
- Assist the Accounting team with the preparation of year-end audit working papers (premium and claims)
- Prepare various account reconciliations as requested
- Assist to validate the accuracy of cession/profit share statements
- Assist to monitor daily RW and GAP transactions
- Additional administrative tasks and duties as required
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Currently pursuing a post secondary degree in accounting, finance or any related discipline.
- Able to work effectively with continually changing priorities.
- Have intermediate Word and Excel skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- One year working experience within an office environment
- Proven analytical skills with ability to adapt to constantly changing requirements and deadlines
- Ability to maintain accuracy under pressure and tight deadlines
- Bilingualism in English and French would be considered an asset
What we Offer
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building
- Employer subsidized meals
- Access to fully equipped gym
- 35 hour work weeks
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
- Student only events and celebrations
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.