Senior Group Underwriter and Team Lead
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 522, University Avenue
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Health and Medical Services
- Job ID: JR10002825
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Do you have a career in Group Underwriting and have natural leadership abilities with a focus on quality? Are you organized and have great communication skills? We have an opportunity for you! Our Underwriting, Group Insurance team is looking for you to be their next "Senior Underwriter and Team Leader. As our team lead, in addition to coaching and training your colleagues you will be responsible for:
Business Team Leader (allocation of duties- 50%)
As the Business team leader, you will lead projects and support management initiatives related to Business, training and audit:
- Business: in collaboration with the Business Group Underwriting Manager, ensures that tools and underwriting approaches support the Profitable Growth of the Business. Leads, manages and participates to improvements related to the Profitable Growth of the Business
- A participating member of the Business Team
- Training and Audit: leads, manages and participates in the training/audit needs of the underwriting team
- Participates in the appraisal process of Junior and Intermediate Level 1 underwriters
Senior Group Underwriter (allocation of duties- 50%)
The expected result of the main responsibilities is to evaluate as accurately as possible any group risks that has been assigned to them, while providing excellent service to the sales representatives and meeting the corporate objectives and deadlines:
- Oversees the preparation of group insurance quotes, pricing of renewals and requests for modifications,
- Makes sure that the financial agreements are in line with the objectives of the business and that the quote texts reflect our administration and service capabilities
- Participates in renewal presentations with clients (existing or future) or their advisors
- Bachelor of Arts in mathematics, business administration, actuarial or finance or equivalent
- 10 years of related experience in Group Insurance preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
If you have good analytical and creative thinking skills and you are known for your independence, this opportunity is for you! Apply today and pursue a rewarding career at iA Financial Group
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact me and I will work with you to meet your needs.
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.