Systems Business Analyst
- Employer: Felcom Data Services Inc.
- Office: 2200, McGill College Avenue
- City: Montreal
- Province: Quebec
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: JR10001252
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are currently seeking for an individual who will be responsible for serving as liaison between the Business unit and the IT Team to collect, analyze, develop, document, communicate business requirements, and support user testing to achieve business goals. A Team member who will continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction, deepen relationships, and effectively manage client expectations. The business analyst's primary objective is helping the business implement technology solutions by determining the requirements of a project, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, IT and partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included for client roll-out/implementation.
- Implementing and testing new programs to create cost-efficient systems, new products, or additional data capacity.
- Provide consultation to users in the area of developed systems.
- Assisting with the business case
- Planning and monitoring Project test/ Develop test cases
- Eliciting requirements
- Requirements organization
- Requirements management and communication
- Requirements analysis
- Lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Document programs and procedures to ensure continuity, education and security of systems.
- Lead teams or participate in special projects to support team goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Assemble, analyze and evaluate data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams.
- Assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select a course of action.
- Clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (e.g., project requirements, requested changes, and testing results).
- Create and update specs/documents, and assess completeness of requirements information received.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership.
- Document information effectively through databases, knowledge warehouses, and other shared space.
- Properly interpret customer needs, and translate into understandable, written requirements.
- Understand and support well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams.
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of relevant technical and business work experience
- Requires experience/in- depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes.
- Experience in the financial/wealth management industry
- Experience developing SQL queries or reports from SQL databases and applications used in the analysis of requirements
- Relevant work experience using MS Excel, MS Access, Visio, and JIRA
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Business case/ Use case development
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.