Senior Project Manager, Business Apps and Project Management
- Employer: IA Securities Inc.
- Office: 26 Wellington Street East
- City: Toronto
- Province: Ontario
- Job category: Not Evaluated
- Job ID: JR10000459
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will help define the best solutions, projects execution plans, and roadmap. You will work closely with the vendors and our internal teams to solve hard technical and business challenges as you work through the implementation aspects for the projects and operations support. You will need to drive large cross-team initiatives and work with stakeholders across various functions.
- Responsible for leading the implementation (cross-functional coordination, planning, and execution) of large, complex, strategic projects
- Provides technical expertise, project management skills, controlling time, scope, budget and operational impacts of projects within the team.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis, articulating objectives, requirements, expectations, concepts, issues and progress and prepare monthly project status reports
- Ensure completeness and quality of project deliverables, effective teamwork and communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Provides project status reports for senior management to address the issues of schedule, expenditure, scope and facility impacts of assigned projects based on current or revised schedules
- Identify key project issues/risks, maintain a log of them and provide leadership to resolve
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Develop and manage complete program roadmap, identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Ensure that the change management plan is developed and executed
- Bachelor's Degrees mandatory with concentration in related or Business preferably
- 7+ years in technical project Management role leading complex system implementation projects in the IIROC industry;
- Excellent technical skills, ideally with 5+ years of direct IIROC retail projects experience
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross functional, projects.
- Capable of managing multiple projects at a time;
- Experience with the project lifecycle and understanding of a delivery methodology;
- Exposure to writing Statements of Work for implementation services;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Highly qualified in project delivery and management of complex initiatives
- Ability to define scope, and solve problems creatively and practically
- Excellent communication and people skills: being able to communicate to diverse audiences with confidence, clarity and focus
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.