Bilingual GIC Processor and Reconciliation Administrator
- Employer: FundEX Investments
- City: Vaughan
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0918-0993
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewFounded in 1995, FundEX Investments Inc., a national mutual fund dealer added a new spin to the mutual fund industry by launching a flat-fee dealership specifically designed to satisfy the needs of the successful advisor.
Since then, FundEX has grown to become one of Canada’s largest mutual fund dealerships by maintaining its core principles of valuing and encouraging the independence of financial advisors in Canada. FundEX proudly supports over 600 financial advisors across Canada and administers over 12 billion in assets.
We are looking for a Bilingual (English/French) individual to join our GIC Processing and Reconciliation team.
This position will report into the Manager, Tax & Reconciliation and specialize in GIC processing & reconciliation for both Client Name and Nominee accounts for two dealers, Investia Financial Services and FundEX Investments Inc.
- Handle Inbound and Outbound calls/emails from GIC Issuers and advisors.
- Oversight and processing of GIC orders including purchases, maturities, redemptions and transfers, using dealer back office systems
- Monthly reconciliation of over 25,000 GIC positions for two dealers, both Investia and FundEX
- Act as a trouble shooter/problem solver, which will require an understanding of GIC back office and GIC Issuer processes and procedures in order to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Provide backup relief to various areas of business processing unit when required
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 to 3 years experience in the financial services industry
- Bilingual in French and English languages is a must for this position.
- Travel to Quebec City will be required for Training purposes
- Knowledge/experience working in a MFDA Dealer back office Operations/Administration - such as business processing, registered product rules including locked-in plans, Estate settlements, Segregated Funds would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of excel and experience reconciling data
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with some direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic and positive work ethic
- Knowledge of Univeris an asset
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking, attention to detail, organization and prioritization skills are a definite requirement
- Able to work well within a close team environment
Special Working Conditions
- Overtime may be asked during RRSP season.
- Vacation blackouts from January to April.
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.