Business development director, group insurance
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Montréal
- Job category: Actuarial, Sales and Business Development
- Job ID: J0818-0625
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
If you wish to make a difference in client relations, this offer is for you.
iA Financial Group is looking for a Business development director to join its Group Insurance team at its Montreal office. This role will allow you to participate in the development of a consulting clientele with actuarial consulting firms.
Do you demonstrate strategic thinking? Are you a team player? Do you like to be hands-on and help advance files? Are you able to develop professional relationships built on trust? Do you have in-depth knowledge of the group insurance industry? Can you express yourself in simple language?
The Group Insurance Advisor must:
- Develop and maintain close business relationships with market intermediaries and assigned clients. Sell new contracts, provide post-sale service and renew an existing portfolio worth several million dollars in annual premiums.
- Work to achieve predetermined annual goals and manage various administrative tasks related to internal services as well as external stakeholders.
- Inform assigned market intermediaries, specifically independent actuaries, of our ever-growing service offer.
- Take part in vendor finalist meetings as needed for the purpose of acquiring new clients, if required.
Be part of a team that puts the client first!
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science or mathematics
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience
- AMF licence (group insurance) or Fellow designation
- Skills and abilities related to the position, specifically autonomy, persuasion and negotiation skills, listening and customer service skills, delegation skills
- Have excellent knowledge of English and French
- Availability for frequent travel (personal vehicle required)
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.