Associate Investment Advisor
- Employer: iA Securities
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: J0718-1129
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewDo you want to work for an established and growing Canadian company in our Quebec City, Montreal or Toronto offices, or in one of the service points in our extensive Canada-wide network?
iA Securities (iAS) is a brokerage firm which offers equities, bonds and pooled investment funds to institutional and retail clients.
Our network of investment advisors supports and guides clients in their investment decisions. We also offer securities trading consulting and research services with respect to capital markets and institutional financing.
A member of iA Financial Group, iAS is led by an experienced team, driven by a desire to serve our clients with professionalism while conducting business in accordance with the highest industry standards.
Reporting to the Team Leader and Sales Coach, the Associate Investment Advisor will have the opportunity to gain experience in the Investment industry. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have an interest in eventually becoming a Senior Advisor.
Major accountabilities include:
• Provide knowledgeable investment advice to clients
• Ensure clients information is accurate and up to date
• Enter client trades as directed by client
• Remain up to date with all the regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to client accounts
• Following up with clients on missing documentation required
• Maintaining client files and information on the appropriate systems
• Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented
• Responding to client inquiries in a timely, responsive manner
• Resolving issues and effecting client transactions expeditiously and accurately, and escalating issues to manager when appropriate
• Understanding the required documentation for all client account types
• Ensure compliance of team policies and procedures
• Reviewing and reducing all restricted accounts
• Identifying opportunities to increase revenue within the existing client base (i.e. referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc…)
• Act as partner with business partners and independent advisors
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Pleasant telephone manner and an ability to keep client conversations on track
• Knowledge of mutual funds and asset allocation
• Working knowledge of investment and retirement planning sufficient to meet the needs of clients and to compete for business within the current market
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines, and targets
• Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations
• Experience with Dataphile considered an asset
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS
• Preference will be given to applicants that are already MFDA or IIROC Licensed
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and CPH completed or in progress.
• Bilingual [French] an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.