Associate Actuarial Advisor (14-month contract)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Vancouver
- Job category: Actuarial
- Job ID: J0718-0575
- Job type: Temporary full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are looking for an Actuarial Associate Advisor to join the actuarial team in our Dealer Services division.
Do you have experience in a unique, and fast-paced insurance actuarial team that manages both P&C and life insurance products? Have you developed excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a sharp mind and an eye for detail? Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join a team of young, dynamic actuaries in Vancouver!
As an Actuarial Associate Advisor, you will:
• Participate in actuarial-related strategic decisions for the Dealer Services division
• Monitor changes in the Canadian actuarial landscape, and coordinate the implementation of changes in cooperation with iAG Corporate Actuarial
• Review and provide insight on the financial results of the division
• Participate in the development and modification of insurance product features and pricing models
• Evaluate new sales opportunities and provide support for proposals and agreements
• Establish and maintain relationships with reinsurance partners and Third Party Administrators
• Negotiate and review reinsurance treaties and TPA agreements
• Bachelor’s degree in either Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Business or Economics
• ASA designation from the Society of Actuaries, through passes in the following exams: VEE credit; P, FM, MFE, MLC and C; all FAP modules and assessments
• Some further progress towards the FSA/FCIA designations, with the intention to complete this designation
• Six or more years of relevant work experience
• Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.