Territory Sales Assistant
- Employer: iA Clarington Investments
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Customer Service and Administrative Support
- Job ID: J0718-0219
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewWe are iA Clarington
And we will be invested in you
As one of Canada’s leading investment management companies, iA Clarington brings clarity, integrity and commitment to a complicated global investment landscape. We believe passionately in the value of active management, the investment products we deliver, and the importance of maintaining unwavering attention to both the big picture and the smallest details. Home to a number of highly respected portfolio management teams, together, we earn the trust of advisors and investors by bringing diverse investment views forward through our broad selection of offerings.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. - Canada’s fourth-largest life and health insurance company - iA Clarington offers a wide range of investment products, including actively managed mutual funds, managed portfolio solutions and socially responsible investments.
We are looking to add 2 Territory Sales Assistants to our Toronto team.
Working as part of the IA Clarington Sales Team, the Territory Sales Assistant works closely with the Wholesaler and the Internal Wholesaler Team Members by providing administrative support to the sales team in their regions to ensure the smooth operation and execution of various sales activities and initiatives.
The following are the primary duties & responsibilities of the Territory Sales Assistant:
• Book wholesaler meetings with the focus on filling weekly schedules;
• Answer/redirect calls, responding to inquiries;
• Prepare correspondence, special mailings and reports;
• Keep wholesalers informed of up-coming events, presentations, webinars and Roadshows;
• Co-ordinate all events for the region including: researching the venue, booking arrangements (catering and meeting rooms), preparing invitations and tickets for distribution, managing RSVP lists, confirming attendance, ordering gifts, sending thank-you cards to clients and preparing presentation materials & kits;
• Ensure correct marketing kits are sent to clients and are familiar with marketing material pieces;
• Process all business-promotional and co-operative marketing requests from the territory;
• Obtain invoices and work with the Finance Dept. to ensure prompt payment on all external contracts/services with respect to events/shows;
• Ensure CE credits certificates are issued immediately following completion of events;
• Facilitate all mass emails are sent to regional clients as determined by the Wholesaler & Internal Wholesaler. Ensure all emails are checked for quality and that approval has been given;
• Ensure that the regional database is always current and updated with correct client information;
• Calculate expense reports and ensure approval from the Regional Vice President of Sales on a timely basis;
• Take an active team approach, proactively offering solutions and giving feedback for improvement to help promote our products and services;
• Ensure a strong working relationship with key business units (i.e. Product Team, Marketing, Finance, IT, Fulfillment)
• Strong communication skills – written & verbal
• Professional telephone manner
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational & multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office and working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook
• Post-secondary education with a focus in Business, Marketing, Finance or related-discipline
• Minimum 1-2 years of office/administrative experience
• Knowledge of the mutual fund industry - definite asset
• Completion of IFIC and/or CSC – definite asset
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.