Manager, Customer Relations (Group Savings and Retirement)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- City: Toronto
- Job category: Customer Service and Administrative Support, Leadership and Management
- Job ID: J0218-0148
- Job type: Regular full time
Company OverviewiA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Client Relationships, Education and Investment, the successful candidate will be a key member of our group retirement sales and service team in Ontario while contributing to our overall National Service Strategies.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining strategies for all aspects of the overall National Service role
• Leading, mentoring and developing Customer Relations Managers in Ontario
• Supervise the support staff in the Toronto Pension Office
• In addition; the incumbent will also be responsible for servicing a few large clients with whom we have a strategic relationship presently with the expectation of proactive service
• Participating in strategic finalist presentations as deemed appropriate
• Providing support and assistance to our business development team, involving strategies and coaching of CRM participants
• Actively promote and engage in iA Financial GSR’s Lean philosophy and process – active participation in A3s, Kaizens, DMS’s and other Lean initiatives.
This position is based in Toronto with the expectation of regular travel outside of Ontario.
• Detailed knowledge of GSR iA with strong technical skills
• Experience with A3’s, Kaizens and DMS’s - Consistent leadership skills using the Lean philosophy
• A professional who is highly motivated by new challenges
• A dynamic self-starter, he or she is willing to assume an important role within our organization.
• The ideal candidate has a university degree in a related field of studies with good knowledge of capital accumulation plans, defined benefit plans and investments.
• This person is also expected to have strong presentation, communication, persuasion and planning skills.
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com
iA Financial Group adheres to an equal access employment program and encourages women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply.