We recommend that you have the following information on hand when applying for your auto insurance quote:
- Current insurance policy
- Vehicle registration (year, make, model)
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Estimated annual mileage
- Vehicle use (leisure, commuting, business, etc.)
- Information on any anti-theft or tracking system on the vehicle
- Creditor contact information
Driver information requested when you apply for or purchase insurance:
- Driver’s licence number
- % the vehicle is driven by each driver
- Date of birth
- Age when driver’s licence was obtained
- Year you became a primary driver of a vehicle
- Employment status
- Home address
- Number of years with your current insurance company
- Violations of the Highway Traffic Act
- Previous claims (for each driver)
- Void cheque (preauthorized payments)
Why buy insurance?
Auto insurance is mandatory, as it provides legal liability protection and coverage for damage caused to someone else’s property by paying costs incurred in the event of an accident. When it comes to damage to your own property, auto insurance is not mandatory and it’s up to you to choose the protection you need for your vehicle. If you have a new vehicle, you may opt for replacement value whereas, if you have an older vehicle, you may decide to not insure your vehicle at all. The important thing is to make you that you are able to assume all costs not covered by your insurance in the event of damage to or the total loss of your vehicle.
Auto Insurance Spec Sheet
To help you with your insurance shopping process, fill out the auto insurance spec sheet. Keep this spec sheet with your insurance papers so you always have the information you need at hand.
Do you have your information on hand?
Apply for your online quote today! Ask questions. Compare coverage and prices. Choose the insurance policy that meets your needs.
Did you know…
You can save money by getting your auto and home insurance from the same company. You can also save money if you insure more than one vehicle and if you have recreation vehicles. Discounts are sometimes available if you have other products with your insurance company.
Preparation is key!
The information requested and the costs of insurance policies vary from one insurance company to another, but you will see that applying for an auto insurance quote is often easier than you think. Be prepared, do your homework, and take the time to shop around!