The solution specifically designed to meet your highest expectations in permanent life insurance.
What is iA Participating Life Insurance (iA PAR)?
Combining growth, flexibility and stability, iA Participating Life Insurance (iA PAR) is permanent life insurance that includes basic coverage for which premiums, the initial face amount and the surrender value are fully guaranteed.
The main advantage of iA PAR are the dividends that you can receive and use to increase the death benefit and total cash surrender value. So, in addition to protecting and growing your estate, iA PAR gives you the opportunity to access a source of liquidity and diversify your investments.
We are pleased to announce that the dividend scale, including the interest rate of 6% is being maintained for 2023.
How does it work?
iA allows you to choose from different payment terms to meet your specific needs and expectations. In all cases, the premiums are leveled (fixed) and guaranteed. These premiums are payable over a period of 10 years, 20 years or until the age of 100.
Regarding the dividends you can receive, the amount is based on a scale rate that varies annually. Depending on your choice, your dividends can be used to:
- Increase your paid-up insurance1
- Lower your annual premium
- Receive a cash amount, or
- Invest in an investment account that earns interest
Should your needs evolve, you can change your option at any time without having to fulfill any medical requirements.
1 Paid-up insurance: Paid-up insurance: Permanent life insurance where no more premiums need to be paid. Acquired through the payment of dividends or the additional deposit option.
Depending on your financial goals, two versions of iA PAR are available:
The iA PAR Wealth Solution
The iA Wealth version helps you maximize your wealth by optimizing the long-term growth of the total surrender value and the total amount of life insurance.
This is an ideal solution if you are:
- A parent or grandparents who want to provide a solid financial foundation for their family with paid-up permanent life insurance that continues to grow over the long term
- A professional with strong income growth who has surplus cash and wants to maximize their long-term wealth in a tax-efficient manner
- A business owner looking for a flexible permanent insurance solution with access to liquidity
- Maximise the growth of your wealth over the course of your lifetime
- Limit the tax impact on your estate at the time of your death
- Generate a long-term source of liquidity
- Provide a solid financial foundation for your children or grandchildren and protect their future insurability
The iA PAR Value Solution
The iA PAR Value version helps you maximize short-term growth by maximizing the total cash surrender value in the early years of your policy, while allowing for long-term growth of your estate.
This is an ideal solution if you are:
- An incorporated professional who wants to generate a quick return on their investment and ensure a tax-efficient transfer of wealth
- A shareholder of a corporation who wants to diversify their assets and reduce taxes while meeting their insurance needs or those of the corporation
- A business owner who wants to benefit from high surrender values to finance an investment project while securing the value of their estate
- Access a source of short-term liquidity to be reinvested in a corporation or in income-earning assets, for example
- Generate a quick return on investment
- Reinforce your corporation’s balance sheet by diversifying your assets
- Ensure the growth of your wealth and net estate value over the course of your life.
You can maximize the life insurance amount and the cash surrender value by paying your premium faster, in 10 or 20 years. The Payable to age 100 option is also available.
Age at issue
|Payable 10 years||Payable 20 years||Payable up to 100 years|
|Individual||0 to 85 years||0 to 80 years||0 to 75 years|
|Joint-last-to-die||15 to 85 years1||15 to 80 years1||15 to 75 years1|
1 The minimum age of both insureds is 15 years and the maximum is the age indicated. The resulting equivalent age must also be lower than the maximum age indicated.
Purchasing iA PAR couldn’t be easier! You can get coverage of up to one million dollars by answering just a few simple health questions and you may qualify for instant acceptance with no medical requirements2!
A simple, quick and hassle-free process. iA Financial Group sets the standard for the quick purchase of participating life insurance!
2 Medical requirements are not systematic for clients aged 18 to 50.
Riders and additional benefits
The following additional benefits and riders are available to complement your insurance coverage:
- Term life insurance coverage for periods of 10 to 30 years
- Waiver of premiums in the event of disability
- Accidental death coverage
- Life insurance to cover your child