Get personalized advice
What is Transition?
Transition is flexible and comprehensive critical illness insurance coverage that adapts to your needs. It helps protect your financial health and your quality of life, because your recovery is all that matters!
Two versions of Transition are available:
Transition — 4 Illnesses offers an affordable solution with a quick application process. It covers the 4 critical illnesses that represent more than 85% of claims: a one-of-a-kind insurance solution!
Transition — 25 Illnesses is ideal for those who want complete coverage. In addition to the most common illnesses, it covers other conditions such as paralysis and loss of independent existence.
In addition to basic coverage, several optional protections are available. Among other things, you can insure children and adolescents under age 18.
How does it work?
Transition pays a tax-free lump-sum amount in the event of diagnosis of any of the diseases covered by your contract. You can use the payment as you see fit: for yourself, your family or your business.
The contract imposes no restrictions on how the money is used. For example, you can use it to pay for home care, to take a trip to rest up and spend quality time with your loved ones, or to have the financial freedom to remain at the bedside of your sick child or spouse.
It’s an ideal solution if you are
- A salaried employee or a self-employed worker looking for comprehensive coverage to protect your financial health in the event of illness
- A parent and you want to insure your family against the unexpected expense of critical illness – for example, this protection could allow you to take time off from work to remain at the bedside of a sick child or spouse
- Concerned about protecting your estate and retirement plans in the event of critical illness
- A small business owner and you want insurance protection for your financial health and that of key employees
Advantages of Transition
- Face amount up to $2,500,000
- Unique protection in the marketplace: you can choose more affordable protection that covers 85% of critical illness claims (Transition – 4 Illnesses)
- Included: coverage for 5 additional juvenile illnesses up to age 25
- Included: coverage for 7 additional conditions that are not life-threatening (Prevention+)
- Included: unlimited access to MediGuide’s second medical opinion service
- Several flexible options are available for added protection: Transition Child, Supplementary Income, Paramedical Care, etc.