Get personalized advice
What is Transition?
Transition is flexible and comprehensive critical illness insurance coverage that adapts to your needs. It helps protect your financial health and your quality of life, because your recovery is all that matters!
Two versions of Transition are available:
Transition — 4 Illnesses offers an affordable solution with a quick application process. It covers the 4 critical illnesses that represent more than 85% of claims: a one-of-a-kind insurance solution!
Transition — 25 Illnesses is ideal for those who want complete coverage. In addition to the most common illnesses, it covers other conditions such as paralysis and loss of independent existence.
In addition to basic coverage, several optional protections are available. Among other things, you can insure children and adolescents under age 18.
How does it work?
Transition pays a tax-free lump-sum amount in the event of diagnosis of any of the diseases covered by your contract. You can use the payment as you see fit: for yourself, your family or your business.
The contract imposes no restrictions on how the money is used. For example, you can use it to pay for home care, to take a trip to rest up and spend quality time with your loved ones, or to have the financial freedom to remain at the bedside of your sick child or spouse.
It’s an ideal solution if you are
Sabrina, age 25
- Elementary school substitute teacher
- Single, living in an apartment
Fresh out of school, Sabrina is looking for protection to help her maintain her financial health and continue paying off her car and student loans in the event of a critical illness.
$12 / month
Basic coverage – 4 illnesses
Julie and Francis, age 36
- Full-time workers
- Homeowners and parents to two children ages 6 and 9
A critical illness diagnosis would have a major impact for this couple: family, home, etc. Transition coverage would allow them to continue to meet their living expenses, make up for lost income due to absences from work and ensure the wellbeing of their children.
$38 / month
Extended coverage – 4 illnesses
Laura, age 36
- IT consultant
- Single mother of an 8-year-old girl
In the event of an illness, Laura will have to continue providing for her daughter and paying her household expenses alone. Complete coverage will help her make up for lost income and pay for childcare while receiving treatment. She will even be able to afford help at home while recovering.
$35 / month
Premium coverage – 25 illnesses
Advantages of Transition
- Face amount up to $3,000,000
- Unique protection in the marketplace: you can choose more affordable protection that covers 85% of critical illness claims (Transition – 4 Illnesses)
- Included: coverage for 5 additional juvenile illnesses up to age 25
- Included: coverage for 7 additional conditions that are not life-threatening (Prevention+)
- Included: unlimited access to MediGuide’s second medical opinion service
- Several flexible options are available for added protection: Transition Child, Supplementary Income, Paramedical Care, etc.