Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement Sector/Permanent role/Telework
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Architecture & Data Strategy – Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement and to the Vice-President, IT Service Delivery - Individual, the Portfolio Management Director plays a key role in ensuring that the strategic investment governance process of the Individual sector (The Individual) supports the acceleration of our transformation and enables the required agility in a changing environment. At the same time, he/she plays a key leadership role in orchestrating the Individual strategic initiatives roadmap, addressing the dependencies and aligning the portfolio to business priorities. The role will include the management of the prioritization process, while working in close collaboration with key stakeholders to coordinate and manage critical capacities usage across the sector.
You have demonstrated that you had key strengths in the following core competencies
- Business investment portfolio capability development
You have demonstrated your leadership and drive in building a business and IT portfolio of initiatives as a truly strategic capability (eg. Funding management, priorization management, arbitrage management, change management etc.)
- Facilitating visual based lean portfolio management
You have leveraged your strategic thinking and experience in enabling the decision makers to fully leverage the opportunities of lean portfolio and visual based management (thinking, approach, skills, tools, rules and processes) You also had real success in helping management teams to engage and internalize this change.
- Providing E2E visibility and full traceability goals-projects-resultsOne of your strength is your approach to enable outcomes and metrics based management, helping decision makers to focus on value delivery.
- Enabling capability and capacity based management
You have a proven track success in working with key partners (management teams, IT, enterprise and business architects, program managers etc.) to manage investment portfolio based on a strategic capability management approach.
- Transformational change
You have led or directly influenced successfully major changes, helping traditional organizations and management teams adopting new ways to manage investments in a more complex, unpredictable, changing environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Take ownership and coordinate the demand and capacity management processes
- In collaboration with business and enterprise architects and business solution delivery leads (product managers, IT delivery managers) establish an integrated roadmap of initiatives, including a prioritization framework and definition of criteria.
- In collaboration with business and IT partners, you ensure alignment and monitoring of the strategic initiatives.
- Maintain, optimize and orchestrate the roadmap, by continuously analyzing, simulating and restructuring the portfolio
- Ensure continuous monitoring and reporting of benefits throughout the individual sector.
- Work transversally within the sector to identify and allocate capacity and resources where required and most importantly where the organization will get the biggest bang for their buck in relation to their top goals and priorities.
- Maintain and own a visual based executive dashboards of the portfolio and ensure engagement with the leadership team for support when necessary
- Plan and facilitate portfolio governance meetings
- Communicate the progress of the Individual transformation and ensure that stakeholders understand the global vision
- Reinforce expected behaviors that contribute to the transformation success, and provide change management support
- Develop strong relations and ensure alignement with corporate partners (Transformation office, prioritization program…)
- Manage, coach, develop, overview performance and ensure full engagement and of the portfolio management team
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, IT or another related field
- Experience as a manager or a director, and demonstrated management and clear leadership skills
- 10 years Experience in strategic and tactical portfolio management, governance capability building in both traditional IT-business investment projects management and agile lean investment management.
- Outcome – result driven – You finish what you start
- Team player, fostering engagement and collaboration, Problem solving
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and influence others effectively, as to guide and mentor people, and to have difficult conversations
- Excellent English and French language skills, both oral and written due to frequent interactions with English and French-speaking colleagues or internal partners across Canada.
- Experience and relevant background in the Insurance sector is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile (SAFe) Methodology is a plus
We would like to hear about your vision for this mandate. Don’t hesitate to apply!