IT Solutions Designer (Lead Developer)
- Employer: iA Financial Group
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Information Technology
- Job ID: JR10005544
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
We are currently in search of an experienced Solutions Designer/Lead Developer to assist us in our digital IT transformation. The successful candidate will help to develop critical products for our clients and understand IT operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules. The candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out the evaluation and coordination of all the technological activities required in the different project phases;
- Act as a guide on the effective use of solutions and architectures in order to achieve business outcomes that alignment with business requirements
- Understand software packages both on their functional and technological aspects;
- Analyze the impacts on the changes and summarize the information;
- Write design documentation and analyze
- Contribute to the effective management of risks and issues associated with Solution designs
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical colleagues
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Design, execute, document and make corrections to complex programs in accordance with analysis specifications and prescribed norms
- Diagnose and resolve highly complex technical problems related to applications
- Participate and contribute to defining development standards
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5 + Years experience in the IT field as full stack developer
- Expertise in the maintenance and improvement of recent and legacy systems;
- Good understanding of software and data architecture;
- Expertise in the realization of end-to-end projects: from architecture to implementation;
- Expertise in the implementation of software;
- Strong Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team
What We Can Offer You:
- Brand new state of the art, transit accessible building with access to fully equipped gym
- Employer subsidized meals
- Transit Subsidy program
- 35 hour work week
- Casual work environment including a casual dress code
- Fun social activities
- Comprehensive health and dental plan including a health spending account and wellness account
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- An annual bonus
- Generous vacation entitlement including personal leave days
- Support for learning and development and career growth
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.