Get personalized advice
What is Cancer Guard?
Cancer Guard is affordable critical illness insurance that is quick and easy to obtain. It helps you focus on your recovery and meet your financial obligations in the event of a cancer diagnosis, the most common critical illness in Canada.
You also have the possibility of adding optional coverages for cancers without risk of death and other common critical illnesses, such as stroke or heart attack.
How does it work?
Cancer Guard gives you the opportunity to receive a non-taxable lump-sum that can be used however you wish following the diagnosis of an illness. For example, this financial assistance may be used to meet your financial obligations, obtain home care, or pay for a trip so you can spend special moments with your loved ones.
To obtain this coverage, simply answer a few questions about your health, which will help you qualify for one of the three levels of coverage: Standard, Preferred or Preferred PLUS. In other words, the healthier you are, the lower the cost of your coverage!
It’s an ideal solution if you are:
- Looking to get quick and easy coverage, without having to undergo a medical exam
- A parent looking for affordable coverage to help you support your insured sick child during his or her recovery
- In poor health, and have been previously denied for critical illness insurance coverage or fear that you will be denied
- An employee or a self-employed worker looking for complete coverage in order maintain your financial health in the event of a cancer diagnosis
- A newcomer to Canada looking for accessible critical illness insurance
Advantages of Cancer Guard
- A non-taxable lump-sum payment
- No medical exam or blood test required
- The amount paid may be used however you wish, with no obligation on your part
- Possibility, in some cases, of being insured the same day you apply
- Affordable coverage for the most common critical illness in Canada
- Included: unlimited access to MediGuide’s medical second opinion service