- Employer: IA Financial Services Inc.
- Office: 400-988 Broadway West
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Job category: Business Administration, Finance and Accounting
- Job ID: JR10001520
- Job type: Permanent Job Full time
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Operational Accountant will assist the Manager, SAL Accounting in coordinating and supervising the activities of the department.
1. Operational Accounting
- Recommend and establish new financial control procedures, in-line with current accounting standards
- Continuous improvement of Controls, and problem solver for complex reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy of system produced and manually prepared customized statements.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial management reports and statements.
- Develop solutions to resolve accounting discrepancies and other financial problems/issues.
- Assist on external or internal audit-related queries.
- Prepare valuation reports for SAL products in collaboration with SAL Actuarial; prepare and post corresponding GL journal entries.
- Responsible for the financial reporting for various reinsurance, profit sharing and partnership arrangements.
- Prepare reports using both existing and planned formats, queries and methods: including experience reports; expense analysis; and creditor, P&C and ancillary product profitability.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis as required by management and other stakeholders.
- Recommend, develop, and implement new reports, and changes to existing reports, as needed, including recognizing when those changes are required.
3. Special projects
- Collaborate with SAL Systems on project development with accounting implications including the development and maintenance of the interface between the administrative systems and the General Ledger for financial reporting purposes.
- Participate in projects as required by management
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Must have their professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Five or more years of pertinent accounting experience in a computerized environment. Insurance industry experience is an asset.
- Proficiency to advanced levels with Microsoft Excel, MS Access, and MS Word. Oracle would be an asset
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills to enable incumbent to gather, interpret and analyze information and communicate the results of the analysis to internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, market-driven environment, juggling multiple initiatives, re-establishing priorities on a continuous basis
- Self-starter who is resourceful and takes initiative to provide appropriate recommendations for improvements
- Working experience in multi-disciplinary environment
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
iA Financial Group is committed to having an equal access employment program and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. Any use of the masculine form is to simplify the text and includes the feminine form.
Also, we are committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to email@example.com.