Message from the President and Chief Executive Officer
We believe that exceptional measures are necessary to deal with COVID-19, so that we can reduce and ultimately eliminate the risk of contamination.
In compliance with directives issued by the various levels of government and public health authorities, we have implemented various measures to protect our nearly 8,000 employees in Canada and the United States. These include prohibiting business travel and face-to-face meetings, isolating some employees at home as a preventive measure, and the widespread use of telework.
Rest assured, valued clients, that iA Financial Group has taken the necessary measures to ensure that we can continue to provide you with the same quality of service you expect and deserve.
All our service centres remain open and can be contacted online or by phone. To consult the list of service centres, visit: https://ia.ca/contact-us.
We are here for you, always.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and are confident that the measures taken to date are effective.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
COVID-19: As financial services are designated as an essential service, iA Financial Group remains open and operational
Date of publication : March 25, 2020
In order to intensify their fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, government authorities have decreed the temporary closure of all non-essential businesses.
We wish to reassure you: since financial services have been designated as an essential service, iA Financial Group remains open and operational, while respecting the directives on telework and social distancing.
Over the past few weeks, we have taken exceptional measures to ensure the continuity of our operations and the usual quality of service we offer you.
In these difficult times, you can always count on us, and we would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the commitment of our employees, who are essential to ensuring that our activities run smoothly.
Our hearts go out to you, take care of you and your loved ones.
Thank you for your trust in iA Financial Group.
- Please see our FAQs for information about your critical illness or disability insurance or hospital benefit in case of illness.
- Please pay your premiums online. This simple action will make it easier for us to process your payments. It’s fast and secure!
- You can submit your claim online at any time. Ideal for limiting your movements!
- Life Insurance: 1-844-442-4636
- Disability and salary Insurance: 1-800-465-5818
If you have questions about your iA travel insurance, please refer to TuGo's frequently asked questions: https://www.tugo.com/en/travel-insurance/faq/
Auto and home insurance
A 20% refund
iA Auto and Home Insurance is offering its clients a refund equivalent to 20% of their monthly auto insurance premium for the months of April, May and June.
- Everyone will be receiving this refund. No need to call or apply to obtain it.
- This refund is retroactive to April 1st and applies for an initial period of two months, and is being extended for a third month, being the month of June.
- The refunded amount will not be deducted from the insurance premium payment. The refund will be paid to clients (direct deposit or cheque) at the end of May 2020, for the period of April 1 to May 31, 2020, based on their current method of payment. For payments by cheque, mail service could be delayed.
- All our auto insurance clients will receive a second refund for the period of June 1 to 30, 2020. This refund will be paid out in July, based on clients’ method of payment (direct deposit or cheque).
- Please note that June is the last month for which clients will receive a refund.
How do I receive the refund?
This refund is automatic—no need to call or apply to obtain it.
Why is the amount of my last monthly payment the same?
The refunded amount is not deducted from your insurance premium payment. Clients will receive a payment based on their current method of payment (direct deposit or cheque) at the end of May for the period of April 1 to May 31, 2020.
The second refund payment is scheduled for the period of June 1 to 30, 2020. This payment will also not be deducted from your auto insurance premium. This refund will be paid out in July, based on clients’ method of payment (direct deposit or cheque).
How is the amount of the refund calculated?
The amount of the refund represents 20% of the monthly auto insurance premium for the period of April 1 to May 31, 2020.
The amount of the second refund represents 20% of the monthly auto insurance premium for the period of June 1 to 30, 2020.
How will the refund be paid out?
The refunded amount will not be deducted from your insurance premium payment. Your refund for the period of April 1 to May 31, 2020, will be paid at the end of May, based on your current method of payment (direct deposit or cheque).
A second refund for the period of June 1, to 30, 2020, will be paid in July.
If you currently pay by cheque, you can change your method of payment online before May 15 so your refund will be deposited directly into your bank account. This method of payment will be the method of payment in effect at your next renewal.
When will I receive the refund?
Bank deposits will occur at the end of May for the period of April 1 to May 31, 2020.
Cheques will be mailed at the end of May for clients who use this method of payment. Delays due to slower mail service may occur.
Bank deposits for the period of June 1 to 30, 2020, will occur in July. Cheques will be mailed in July for clients who use this method of payment.
How much is the refund?
The amount of the refund corresponds to 20% of your auto insurance premium for the period of April 1 to May 31, 2020. It is impossible to confirm the amount before it is deposited into your account or the cheque is issued.
All auto insurance clients will receive a second refund for the period of June 1 to 30, 2020.
Will the refund apply to all the vehicles on my policy?
The refund applies to all vehicles on your policy, including recreational vehicles like motorcycles, snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles.
When will the 20% refund end?
The 20% refund for automobile insurance clients will end in June. The refund will be paid in July.
Emergencies and claims
- In the event of an emergency or to obtain immediate assistance, contact us at 1-877-700-7778, 24/7.
- You can also start your claim online whenever works for you. A claims adjuster will contact you.
Consult this FAQ for details regarding your travel, medical, drug and disability insurance coverage.
- You’ll have instant access to the status of your claims.
- You’ll get your reimbursements faster, with direct deposit.
- You won’t have to fill out or mail any paper forms.
Individual Savings and Retirement
iA and its financial security advisors are here to support and advise you during hard times, like the times in which we currently find ourselves. Contact your advisor now, if you haven’t already done so, or go here to find an advisor to support you!
Stay tuned for the latest economic outlooks with Clément Gignac, our chief economist, and refer to the document titled Enter, exit or stay put to stay the course with respect to your long-term savings goals.
To make additional deposits to your contract, use your financial institution's online payment function. The reference number to use is your contract number, preceded by the letters "RI" (example: RIXXXXXXXXXX).
Phone: 1 844 4iA-INFO (1-844-442-4636)
Group Savings and Retirement
We are experiencing a higher-than-normal call volume. Please expect longer wait times.
To speed up the processing of certain types of request, we propose two options from our secure platforms:
Developments in the situation
We will continue to closely monitor how the situation evolves and are confident in the effectiveness of the measures we have taken to date.
Thank you for your trust.