Guaranteed Interest Funds (GIF)
For new investments, GIFs represent an interesting complement to bonds for investors looking for more financial stability. The portion of their portfolio invested in GIFs allows them, among others, to:
- reduce the risks associated with volatility;
- benefit from a fixed interest rate, as opposed to bonds or equity funds that are prone to fluctuation;
- improve their portfolio diversification.
*Rates as of October 19, 2022
High Interest Savings Accounts (HISA)
Like GIFs, high interest savings accounts provide more security against volatility. The return offered by iA is also among the most competitive on the market: our rate has increased from 0.40% to 1.10%* since the beginning of the year.
In addition, unlike other financial institutions that may offer temporary promotional rates, iA provides a steady, competitive rate. More predictable and always attractive, it allows your investment to remain profitable, regardless of its duration.
Our GIFs and HISAs also share many common interesting benefits:
- Can be redeemed at any time, unlike a bank GIC
- Provide protection against creditors
- Allow beneficiaries to receive a fast payment in the event of death
- Have no management fees
It remains important to consider your investor profile. GIFs and HISAs offer an enviable security in times of market volatility, but it is important to maintain a diversified portfolio to benefit from opportunities related to different asset classes.
Discuss your options and needs with an advisor.* Rates are subject to change without notice.